Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard that installation of the headers is a P.I.T.A., can someone colaborate more on this, why was it such a pain?? Hard to get to Area? To bolt down? any help will be appreciated, and for those who have them, well how the Hell do you like-em :biggrin:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hear one or two of the bolts on each side require some minor contorsion moves to get them out. Typical of headers so it's not a big deal really. You need to plan to have a variety of wrenches and sockets and universal joints just in case and have some ground clearance to work. It's best on a lift. Personally, if I get them , I will have a shop do it. Putting on the cat-back in the driveway on jack-stands was PITA enough.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Header Power

Oh yeah you need a #10(if I remember right) swivel socket with an 18" extension. Not kidding! Like BBH said the front right top bolt is a pain to get to but it is possible cause we didit! The headers do make a world of difference. My wife said if you're going to punch it please push my head back against the headrest first. (whiplash) LOL

Pics of mine from under the car

http://www.***********/forum7/38.html

You won't regret the purchase! PM me and I'll hook you up with my source and a Brother in law price!

PappaDoc

·
Registered
482 Posts
PappaDoc,

I talked to HeaderSystems about some headers for our Hemi Ram and I am looking into fitment for the 300/magnum headers on the 6.1L(it appears they do). I think they quoted great prices, but it doesn't hurt to check if somebody has some additional pull with them ;) I am real close to their shop, so I am definately going to let them hassle with the install.

Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts