Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me in installing this part or do I have to take it into the dealership to get screwed? Thank you all in advance.

coolant outlet housing, that has that brass outlet plug on the top of it...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im in southern california. im good with my hands and stuff, but from what i see the hose that runs all the way to the back is impossible to pull out, then put back in...

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
i'm in Socal as well..

you are welcome to come by my house any sunday (give me a couple days head up) and we can do it together..

you'll need some coolant cause most will drain out and I don't recommend reusing it..

other than that it's an easy job..

·
Registered
859 Posts
i'm in Socal as well..

you are welcome to come by my house any sunday (give me a couple days head up) and we can do it together..

you'll need some coolant cause most will drain out and I don't recommend reusing it..

other than that it's an easy job..
mine is leaking as well but not as bad, can you do mine too MR I lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yikes...:scared: ...that's one DIRTY engine! Definitely take her to the car wash after the repair and wash that motor down.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GUys this is awesome, thank you so very much for the kindness, im gonna give it one more shot since i have the service manual page (thanks joey) and see if i can do it... the part just looks impossible to pull out since it so long without removing the top cover (air related)
Mr. Incredible, thank you very much for the offer as well. if i cant do it this weekend i will pm you and set something up. offer up lunch or something....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks INC. sorry if i offended you with the cash comment. i just dont like borrowing peoples time especially on a weekend without offering. I am going to give it a try this weekend and see what happens.

ok so I think I realize why i was confused so much. and please correct me if im wrong. The part I purchased has the long tube attached from going through the engine (pic1) to the rear of the engine.... I dont need to replace that correct? I can just take off the housing from the complete part (pic2) i bought from the dealership and just install the housing.... correct? just curious. pics attached of the complete unit and also of the removed housing...

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just noticed though the brass nozzle isnt on the housing, i tson the hose now.. did the dealership give me the wrong part? do I need that nozzle?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just came back from the dealership Joey, the part has been updated to move the nozzle to the pipe, not the housing itself.... its the bleed nozzle that we are talking about.... dealing with water do I really need the frickin Bleed nozzle? incredible... right when i think ive figured it out...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts