Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i work at a dealership and im having bodyshop tint my tails lights, they never done that before and there worried that the paint will not stick. so can any1 pleaseeeeeeee give me directions for smoked tints on a 300c tail lights. thanks!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Just Put Mine On Last Week,jonstintedtails Did The Work For Me And It Came Out Great.check The Forum There Are A Couple Of Threads On This Subject.do A Search On Tinted Tails And All The Information Will Come Up On This Subject.good Luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay i want a smoked color with the 3 stripes not tinted, pictures would be greatful step by steph instructions please! because he worried it wont stick, and please dont tell me about jons tinting. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay i want a smoked color with the 3 stripes not tinted, pictures would be greatful step by steph instructions please! because he worried it wont stick, and please dont tell me about jons tinting. Thanks</p>

·
Registered
211 Posts
you dont really need a bodyshop to do your tails if you got sturdy hands and a little patience.
First remove your tails from your car and give it a good thorough cleaning.
If you want your three stripes untinted apply masking tape to those areas and etch out the corners very slowly with an exacto knife which is what i did. Then taking extremely fine grade sandpaper wet the surface of the tails and sand away. Keep applying more water during this process when needed. Your tails will change colour from red to white because of the super smooth plastic you are removing which would allow the tint to be properly integrated into the plastic. After all the smooth areas have been removed your ready for tint but first take a clean cloth and go over the tails making sure no loose plastic particles are leftover. Now lie your tails on the ground and from a distance of about 1 1/2 feet start applying very very light coats of spraycan tint over the surface until the whole area is covered. Stop and let dry for about 10 minutes to be safe and then apply a second coat and keep repeating until your satisfied with how dark you want to go. When your done you then remove the masked stripes if you decided to go this way. Now apply about two coats of clearcoat in the same way as before and you are finished.

Here is how mine came out

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Dont Know If Your Guy Is Using The Spray.because Mine Was Sprayed And Have No Problems At All.i Had A Freind Who Tried With The Film And It Was A Nightmare.i Hope This Helps.didnt Mean To Tell You Anything About Jons Or To Use Him ,just To Tell You Had No Problems With The Lights.

·
Registered
639 Posts
add a few drops of black to automotive clear coat. every coat will get darker and darker. Have yer guy practice on some plexi or something. that will insure that he put the right amount of black. to much black and the tint is to dark...not enough black and the tint isnt dark enough.

My tails, head, and fog lights are all done by a professional painter.

I actually did my knight rider lights myself...pretty easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts