Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
easy job or hard job.

I need to get to the circuit board to blank the TPM warning light.

TPM sensors removed and apart from initial start up bong no further warnings in EVIC but the light is on permenantly.

more annoying than anything else.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
To remove the instrument cluster is long and further more you need to tackle the circuit board to get to the bulb. Its not worth the trouble, just look at what needs to come out below and that is just the beginning :yup:

Will be better to get tpms sensors fitted all round, its the easiest option.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have had mine out 2 times now, I did not have to remove the steering wheel, pull it out as far as it will go.
Just get to the 2 screws that hold the cluster in at the bottom, pull it out just a little, then tilt the top out so you can unplug the 3 connections and it pops right out.. So I say EASY!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Bottom left and right, should just be able to make it out from the photo above ^^ :yup:

No need to remove steering wheel, I had it out at that time as I was installing paddle shifters to the steering wheel.

I found this video on youtube, should give a rough idea.

Reactions: Pappajohn

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have had mine out 2 times now, I did not have to remove the steering wheel, pull it out as far as it will go.
Just get to the 2 screws that hold the cluster in at the bottom, pull it out just a little, then tilt the top out so you can unplug the 3 connections and it pops right out.. So I say EASY!!!!!
The steering column on European cars does not pull out...

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I thought it was " Just Boris"??? .... Lol

Reactions: Boris*the*animal

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
easy job...with a little help from you guys :wink:

30 minutes start to finish and no more annoying TPMS warning light.

and as a bonus i refitted the cable clip/bracket for the parkbrake release handle which had come loose and flopped around when pulled out.

thank you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ah so you want to keep tpms working but no warning light. I thought you wanted to disable it, as you can do this by just installing 4 none tpms valves, the car soon realises none are sending a signal and it is switched off.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ah so you want to keep tpms working but no warning light. I thought you wanted to disable it, as you can do this by just installing 4 none tpms valves, the car soon realises none are sending a signal and it is switched off.
it doesnt switch itself off fully.

it realises the pressure are incorrect but equal on all four corners so doesnt bring up the repeating EVIC TPMS warning or produce a repeating bong, just a single bong and an EVIC warning on startup, which doesnt repeat like it does if one tyre is low....but the warning light does remain lit all the time which is why i wanted the cluster out to blank that light..

it does explain this in the owners handbook.

yesterday i drove from home to Newcastle and back (200 miles) with no TPMS warnings, bongs or lights

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry but why didn't you just install four none tpms valves. At least then when you sell the car on it will still have a working tpms?
I have fitted 4 x standard rubber valves which is where the problem arises from.

one sensor was missing and one was broken, when i bought the car, so throwing up the repeating EVIC warning and bongs.

if i now want the system in working order again i just buy 2 new sensors (the two good ones could be reused with new stems) and i then have a fully working system again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts