Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a while back something about insurance for the 300c, but for life of me i cant find it. Anyone got any advice or pointers where to go for insuring our cars?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Domenic, I found the best quote was from CGU. Arnold Patch checked them out and went with them too. Me, inner SouthEastern burbs ~$900/yr. Arnold, outter Eastern burbs ~$770/year.

They have some good and some not so competitive features, ie. choice of repairers, excess & additional item (windscreen/yr) options but no rating one protection (this needs to be earned while under cover through them).

Did you see the Roadtest on the 300C Hemi in Saturday's Age? Overall good write-up but they quoted RACV at >$1700/year insurance premium :eek1:, which was similar to my quote from them :eek13:.

I am not looking forward to the quote on the SRT8. :eek:mfg:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah didnt see the age review, but i did speak to a h-sun motor writer on friday who is gung ho aussie built cars all the way, and he told me he'd never buy a non-aussie built car but if he did then the 300c is the car he'd buy. Reckons it's awesome for the price.
Thanks for the CGU tip but i guess we might be going through all this again when our srt8's arrive. I agree the premiums are going to be horrendous!

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Domenic, I have been loyal all my life to local cars but the way the local manufacturers have been acting have made me consider and now purchase overseas product. Maybe we should start to call them local assemblers?, as they are getting so many components from China, India, Korea etc., at the expense of the local component industry.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Domenic said:
I read a while back something about insurance for the 300c, but for life of me i cant find it. Anyone got any advice or pointers where to go for insuring our cars?
I live outer southern subs of adelaide and paying $680 thru AAMI cause I know they will be ok with me putting 20" wheels on and tv's etc as they were with my vx custom wagon (the only ones in the country who would insure the wagon).

·
Registered
461 Posts
yeh i'm having trouble getting good insurance quotes, cos CGU and AAMI wont insure the 300c to someone under 25, but i still got like 2 months so i'll keep on looking

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm insured with Just Cars insurance ATM. I have a modified 320i year 2002, 19" wheels, coilovers, Nav, ICE etc. and it cost me around $1300/yr Incl. (rating 1) to cover all mods. I think it's a fair price considering they cover all the mods at agreed value.

I'm going to get a quote soon, since my car will arrive next month. I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've got the The Hartford, though AARP, my sister turned me to them. If you are an AARP member it's probably the best rate you're going to get.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Model 57, you have strayed into the Australian section of the Forum, welcome. :wave:

Here in OZ the Insurance industry is proabably much like in the US. Some good, some very bad, some competitive, some outrageously expensive and most very selective of their clientele (heaven help you if you are under 25, have previous claims, have traffic convictions or want any mods on your car).

bezita mentioned Just Cars. They are young driver friendly and will insure modified cars, at a price. We don't have Hartford here in OZ.

Some companies have their own repair shops, use secondhand parts or non OEM (cheap Asian) parts and frequently spend more time investigating the background of their client in the event of a claim to see if they can get out of paying. So quite a minefield.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have my 2004 commodore s insured with RACV, i'm 35 the car is garaged in mckinnon (melbourne, quiet middle class type suburb) and they hit me with $900 a year on rating 1. That was much better than some quotes which were mostly up around $1300+.

I agree the insurance industry is a total sham, I insure my car in good faith but you know what i'd be on tippee toes for a week if my car got stolen, just wouldnt trust them bastards at all to pay up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Outrageous investigators

Some companies have their own repair shops, use secondhand parts or non OEM (cheap Asian) parts and frequently spend more time investigating the background of their client in the event of a claim to see if they can get out of paying. So quite a minefield.[/QUOTE]

Wow, i just had to add that, in the USA if Mods were investigated then we'd be shit out of luck. That Sucks. How much does a 300 or SRT8 Cost down there?

Thanks, From California

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Sleeper, the 300C V6 (yes they call both our 300s here V6 & HEMI "C") is listed at A$54,000 and the HEMI is A$60,000. Both prices are plus taxes and on road charges. So a 300C HEMI with sunroof runs to a total A$69,300 here in Victoria. Some states have different tax and charges so it does vary. BTW, A$1 = US$0.74 exchange roughly at the moment.

SRT8 is not released yet but should be around A$75,000 plus taxes and on roads.

·
Registered
461 Posts
yeh if your under 25 give , justcarinsurance , a look at, best quote i found so far $1838. but when your doing the quote they might require you to email them and then they email you back with a link. that was with me aged 22 and no accidents in the last 3 years

·
Registered
292 Posts
Paul from Oakleigh Chrylser confirmed that the SRT8 would be $85000 on road.

Hemi57 said:
Sleeper, the 300C V6 (yes they call both our 300s here V6 & HEMI "C") is listed at A$54,000 and the HEMI is A$60,000. Both prices are plus taxes and on road charges. So a 300C HEMI with sunroof runs to a total A$69,300 here in Victoria. Some states have different tax and charges so it does vary. BTW, A$1 = US$0.74 exchange roughly at the moment.

SRT8 is not released yet but should be around A$75,000 plus taxes and on roads.

·
Registered
292 Posts
AAMI in Vic quoted me $1360 with all the mods I'm putting on. (20" wheels, Magnaflow exhaust, Eibach Springs, Airaid intake, Grillcraft grill) They provide new for old in the first year but it's strictly Glasses Guide after that. And they choose the repairer not you. I'm going with them for the first year but after that I'm looking elsewhere.

Aussie 300C said:
I live outer southern subs of adelaide and paying $680 thru AAMI cause I know they will be ok with me putting 20" wheels on and tv's etc as they were with my vx custom wagon (the only ones in the country who would insure the wagon).

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for the CGU tip. I'll give them a try. Wonder how they'll react to all the mods??
Evo magazine from the UK did a write up on the 300C. One of their comments was that "it'll probably lose money faster than a drunk on a cattle grid". I wonder just how these monsters will actually hold up value wise?

Bye the way I ended up going with a Grillcraft grill instead. See attached pic. The thick chrome borders on most of the other grills are too heavy handed and this one looked amazing. Mesh right to the edge. COOL

Hemi57 said:
Domenic, I found the best quote was from CGU. Arnold Patch checked them out and went with them too. Me, inner SouthEastern burbs ~$900/yr. Arnold, outter Eastern burbs ~$770/year.

They have some good and some not so competitive features, ie. choice of repairers, excess & additional item (windscreen/yr) options but no rating one protection (this needs to be earned while under cover through them).

Did you see the Roadtest on the 300C Hemi in Saturday's Age? Overall good write-up but they quoted RACV at >$1700/year insurance premium :eek1:, which was similar to my quote from them :eek13:.

I am not looking forward to the quote on the SRT8. :eek:mfg:

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks for the update, hadn't noticed that I was on the Aussie forum. I clicked on new posts since last visit, and didn't look for any header on it. I'll be more carefull next time.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Model 57 said:
Thanks for the update, hadn't noticed that I was on the Aussie forum. I clicked on new posts since last visit, and didn't look for any header on it. I'll be more carefull next time.
No problem whatsoever Model 57. You come back here anytime you can and see what us Aussies are up to and ranting about. :wink1:

On the mods that CGU would accept, I mentioned bigger wheels, their response was "okay, CGU recommend only 1" bigger", when I said 2" they said that would probably be okay too.

On the subject of the 300C holding it's value, over time it will drop like a stone, same as just about every other car these days however supply and demand will hold values sky high for a while yet, IMHO.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I called CGU this morning and they said that they only allow a 1" increase in wheel size. Anything more and they won't cover it.

Hemi57 said:
No problem whatsoever Model 57. You come back here anytime you can and see what us Aussies are up to and ranting about. :wink1:

On the mods that CGU would accept, I mentioned bigger wheels, their response was "okay, CGU recommend only 1" bigger", when I said 2" they said that would probably be okay too.

On the subject of the 300C holding it's value, over time it will drop like a stone, same as just about every other car these days however supply and demand will hold values sky high for a while yet, IMHO.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jut got a few quotes from the following:

a. CGU = 1088 if I only do less then 10,000K/year

b. AAMI = $1228

c. Ready Plan = $1600

Anyone do better...!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts