Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked after the purchase if there would be any warranty ramifications if I was to install an aftermarket exhaust and intake. I was told that if it is not Mopar than it will void the warranty..... Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Of course it will avoid the warranty, however, do you think it voids the warranty on the entire car? The new exhaust or new wheels, etc. void the warranty on that part and any associated parts connected to it or its function. A new exhaust does not void the warranty on the headlamps or a AC problem.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The intake was more the point

Obviously if the exhuast is gone it is no longer in warranty. There are many engineers that will argue that the OEM air box keeps more contaminates out of the intake, therefore is more safe on the motor. I really wanted to know if anyone else had discussed this with thier dealers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
aspendog said:
Obviously if the exhuast is gone it is no longer in warranty. There are many engineers that will argue that the OEM air box keeps more contaminates out of the intake, therefore is more safe on the motor. I really wanted to know if anyone else had discussed this with thier dealers.

I have discussed this with other auto manufactures and a GM (general manager) told that there is a law that your manufacture has to prove that the aftermarket part caused the car to fail.

If you want I can dig up the 411. Don’t let anyone trick you otherwise. :cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have heard this too, but I guess the real fight would be getting the dealer to "honor" it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
On my old 2002 300M Special I put a K&N air charger on it. I investigated it with Chrysler and was informed in words and on paper that as long as it does not cause a failure somewhere in your car your warranty is OK. Now if something happens to the part I do not think the dealer would work on the filter. My dealer checked it out to see if any codes came up and said all was fine. When I traded the car back in I reminded them of the kit and also gave them the old air box back. They didn't seem to care.

Bob

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sounds like you found a great dealer :). I really hope you can continue doing business with them. Keep the good one's in bussiness.

I miss my home town dealer.... Father and Son owned and operated. My parents went there, I went there etc.... Then they tried to expand in a market that couldn't sustain the new amount of cars that they needed to sell every month to stay above water

Then they sold the dealership. Sigh....

But, I think I found another good one... Only time will tell.

·
Registered
123 Posts
after consulting my owners manual's special section on the warranty...the only two things that will void the warranty are disconnecting the odometer, or using a device which alters the odometer's operation. Any other modifications will not in themselves void the warranty, but are not covered by the warranty. I'd like to see the dealer challenge the literature that came with the car from chrysler

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had dealer change the air charger and add dual exhaust system to my CTS. Dealer gives same warranty on these items as GM does on the car. See what happens when I want to do some changes to 300C.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
rdmac said:
On my old 2002 300M Special I put a K&N air charger on it. I investigated it with Chrysler and was informed in words and on paper that as long as it does not cause a failure somewhere in your car your warranty is OK. Now if something happens to the part I do not think the dealer would work on the filter. My dealer checked it out to see if any codes came up and said all was fine. When I traded the car back in I reminded them of the kit and also gave them the old air box back. They didn't seem to care.

Bob
Did you notice any improced performance with the K&N, I think you do get cleaner air which is always good for the engine. None are avail. yet for the hemi. Did yours use the stock box or did you usa a K&N air box?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts