Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intake manifold that I would lik eto get polished. Where is the best place to send it to be done? Any estimates on cost? Can this be done myslef?

·
Registered
106 Posts
i found a guy online who send it would be 300-400 for it. i think its called mikes polishing but i dont know if he is any good or not.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
PPP in cincy

·
Registered
106 Posts
yea ive heard of them but they want like a 1000 bucks. I found some local guys that started a company doin metal finishing. I will talk to them this week and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
~shrug~ My theory is, as long as there's competition in the marketplace, you get what you pay for...and I know PPP has competition, so if their services cost more, they're probably better...I dunno, this is the most I've ever paid for a car, so I'd want my mods to be the best they could possibly be.

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you just care about the looks for the outside any compitent metal shop or even hobbiest would be fine. PPP charging $1000 is for doing the porting and polishing on the inside as well. That's where you want experience.

·
Registered
106 Posts
very true and I plan on getting my head guy who has been doin intakes and heads for 20+ years to clean up the inside when I get the outside polished and more than likely I will get it anodized clear after its polished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts