Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It makes a whoosh when I throttle up any which way. It sounds louder in the car than from the street... had my boy do some drive by's. I live in a city where there are plenty of Police LX's around. They don't sound the way my 05 300C does.

This was a new sound this Spring. There was a sleet storm... a good 6 inches and my driveway was not fully cleared... strip of lawn running up the center. The car bottomed out and when I heard this noise I originally thought there was some type of exhaust damage. This is what it sounds like inside the vehicle you know like the very beginning of the exhaust.

So I finally took it into the dealer, twice actually. The first time it was just a listening test in the parking lot with the SM, a cool guy. The second time the very next day it was a road test. He still said it was normal for the HEMI but he'd put it up on the lift and give it a looksie.

Everything was OK, no leaks. The other techie pulled the car around and stated he does hear what I'm talking about but also said its the way of the HEMI. It really does make a huge sucking sound and I don't like it or think its completely normal at this level and all of a sudden after 22G Miles.

:grouphug:

Any of you guys have any ideas how to resolve this?

:fing02:

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
This is how all our cars with CAIs sound. Try taking the intake off and inspecting for a hole. I have no idea how that could have happened....maybe the bump knocked it loose.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like the intake silencer was damaged.
Hey Northern and usnis0922,

thanks for taking the time.

Do you know how much space is in between the silencer and engine shroud?

I ask because I had pulled/bent the shroud down after backing into the garage with that deep sleet on the center strip. When I went in for the oh to familiar front end work they apparently fixed the shroud.

So my thinking is if it they are close enough then it could in fact be damaged and/or out of alignment. A note I should add: I never ever mentioned the sleet/shroud when taking it in the other day.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Hey Northern and usnis0922,

thanks for taking the time.

Do you know how much space is in between the silencer and engine shroud?

I ask because I had pulled/bent the shroud down after backing into the garage with that deep sleet on the center strip. When I went in for the oh to familiar front end work they apparently fixed the shroud.

So my thinking is if it they are close enough then it could in fact be damaged and/or out of alignment. A note I should add: I never ever mentioned the sleet/shroud when taking it in the other day.
I do not but if you take it in and tell them you think your intake has an issue it should get replaced or fixed for free if you are still under warranty

·
Registered
683 Posts
I agree that it's the air intake silencer. I know a lot of members that have just removed it all together. It shouldn't effect how the car performs but if you don't like the sound take it to the dealer and have them verify that it is the air intake and get them to replace it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everyones input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts