Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just pulled out my LMI induction kit as its been traded shortly, question, how much impact does the intake temp make on the performance?
Last Friday we had a hot day in Sydney of about 40c, I was monitoring the intake temp and it got up to the 80's. When I refitted the stock induction I notice a drop in intake temp of 15c on average.
I haven't had a chance to boot it yet so wondering if I should refit to the 2015 or not.

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
I put mine back to stock for the trip to Darwin, from the Afe Stage 2 CAI. I think I prefer it standard altho I did buy one of those reusable K&N air filter to avoid the Chrysler Aust $80 rip off. I don't miss the induction roar, the reso delete is good enough for me. 80c temps seems excessive (altho that's not something I've really paid any attention to so it might not be) does it gets it's air from the engine bay?

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
You seem to lose timing when it hits 96 and then you lose more again when it hits 95. I had a situation recently with the foot buried to the floor it wouldn't get over 196 kmh and my temp was over the 105

1 - 4 of 4 Posts