Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 5.7 300c and ive been looking around to buy a intake for my vehicle. But there are more intakes than I can imagine. Ive narrowed it down to a couple, AFE, LMI, K&N, and Airhammer ( which since recently never heard of). I need your help, opinion, or advice on which intake you guys believe is the best.. I have a price range from $0- $350

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
My vote is LMI. I have had three different intakes on my car and the old Air Hammer (now LMI) design gave me the best throttle response.

·
Registered
562 Posts
LMI..all day, any day. I've had several different CAIs over the years on my SRTs and the LMI is the best of them all

Reactions: sphinx_tx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool.. does all LMI intakes come pre fabricated to fit all the sensors that connect to the intake

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Is there a big difference between the hammer and Frankentake” IV
Biggest difference is that it has a shorter tube, a different bend in the tube but that's about it. It potentially could flow a bit more air but your throttle body and intake manifold will only hold so much air at a time so for our cars, they both work pretty much the same.

Which ever one looks best to you will work just fine.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I was talking to Rev Hammer the original designer of the Air Hammer years ago when I got my original one... the big difference is not in the tube size increasing volume, it's how the volume is supplied to the throttle body...the larger to smaller conical shape twists the Air and swirls it into the intake allowing for better flow, it's what the difference is attributed to, not so much size equals more airflow... kinda made sense to me, saw the results, got one on my car...for now...think I have a new way to supply air now! Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey All ...

I was about to go with a Volant CAI, until I started reading your threads on the Air Hammer ... So, I've changed my mind and will be ordering up an Air Hammer CAI.

My quick questions are;

When ordering, it asks for Throttle Body Size. I have a 2013 300S 5.7 Hemi. So am I the 80/85/87 mm or the 90mm? (I think the 90mm would be for 6.1)

Are these Wet or Dry filters? ... I'm thinking wet?

Many Thanks,
Shuan

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
80mm...

I ran a wet one on mine pal... worked great. Use, clean, oil and good to go again...

·
Registered
25 Posts
80mm...

I ran a wet one on mine pal... worked great. Use, clean, oil and good to go again...
Little late ... But just purchased my Air Hammer ... Also went with the Diablosport DCX tuner ... Just truly want a little more performance, and to shut off that damn MDS ...

Thanks Again ...

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Yep, the DS DCX tuner is the best money I ever spent on my 300. I hate MDS. I bought a Hemi I want a Hemi all the time. With that being said, if the MDS worked as smoothly as it does on my wife's new 2014 RAM Laramie then I would probably leave it turned on. The more we drive that Laramie, the more it impresses us both. In fact it runs and drives so well I feel no need to ever buy a tuner for it. That Hemi with 8 speed trans works flawlessly in her truck. It is the first truck that ever made ME want to buy a truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey All ... Quick couple of Questions regarding the Air Hammer ...

Mine came in, and it had a little tiny filter included. Where and What is that for?

Secondly, it also had no instructions included. I know fitment will be pretty easy and simple. My only concern is removal of the old Airbox. I take it, that's pretty straight forward too?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep, the DS DCX tuner is the best money I ever spent on my 300. I hate MDS. I bought a Hemi I want a Hemi all the time. With that being said, if the MDS worked as smoothly as it does on my wife's new 2014 RAM Laramie then I would probably leave it turned on. The more we drive that Laramie, the more it impresses us both. In fact it runs and drives so well I feel no need to ever buy a tuner for it. That Hemi with 8 speed trans works flawlessly in her truck. It is the first truck that ever made ME want to buy a truck.

Hey Smokey613 ... I tired PM'ing you, but that wasn't allowed ... Drop me a PM ... I'm too On The Job ...

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Hey Smokey613 ... I tired PM'ing you, but that wasn't allowed ... Drop me a PM ... I'm too On The Job ...
Yep, evidently the board defaults to restrictive PMs. I have changed my profile so you should be able to PM me now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts