Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotta get stuck into cleaning the inside of my car. I don't want to use armourall or similar products and the dash feels like it'll need something special to keep it looking good. I usually just wipe the inside of my cars with a damp cloth. Do you guys use any products that you're happy with or do do as I've done and wipe with a damp cloth?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I've gotta get stuck into cleaning the inside of my car. I don't want to use armourall or similar products and the dash feels like it'll need something special to keep it looking good. I usually just wipe the inside of my cars with a damp cloth. Do you guys use any products that you're happy with or do do as I've done and wipe with a damp cloth?

Cheers
im using the Meguiar's Gold Class, its easy to use and pretty good, well im happy with it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i just red the whole thing it doesnt say if it is or not, so im assuming its not.... or i could be worng

·
Registered
933 Posts
You read my mind - I was about to post the same thread! I washed my wife's 3 year old Mazda Tribute today and my 4 year old twins have given the interior a hiding. I too am looking for good products that will clean & products that will protect vinyl & hard plastics...?

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
im using the Meguiar's Gold Class, its easy to use and pretty good, well im happy with it.
Is that the Leather Conditioner or another product for plastic surfaces? I use Meg's Leather Conditioner on the smooth sections of the SRT seats.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I swear by these!

I use Meguiar's Quick Detail wipes and I love them! They are safe for all of the surfaces inside your car and they leave a "new car" finish. Not glossy, but not a dried out look. And, the wipes don't give off any annoying scent like some do.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Is that the Leather Conditioner or another product for plastic surfaces? I use Meg's Leather Conditioner on the smooth sections of the SRT seats.
it says Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
Cleans, moisturizes & preserves,
Moisturizers & nutrients fight premature aging
Protects from spills & UV exposure

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use Meguiar's Quick Detail wipes and I love them! They are safe for all of the surfaces inside your car and they leave a "new car" finish. Not glossy, but not a dried out look. And, the wipes don't give off any annoying scent like some do.

Hope this helps!
Yeah, like you I don't want shiny or scented either.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I find the 'Mothers' leather conditioner to be very good as well.
Off topic a bit, but what products you guys using in terms of tire shine?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I find the 'Mothers' leather conditioner to be very good as well.
Off topic a bit, but what products you guys using in terms of tire shine?
I use Maquires Tire High Gloss Gel MY son who is a panel beater informs not to use anything with silcone as the fling off can eat into the paint work.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I use Maquires Tire High Gloss Gel MY son who is a panel beater informs not to use anything with silcone as the fling off can eat into the paint work.

Not sure about the paint work, but if I go to the local car wash I notice that by the time I drive home there are alot of black marks on the down side of the wheels. I have now learn't to let them wash the car but stopped them adding anything to the wheels.

I do the wheels when I get home :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I use Polyglaze Tyre Black. A water based latex paint which applies a coating, dries completely, leaves a gloss finish and lasts for months (as long as you don't scuff the sidewall).

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
I use Zaino leather conditioner and Zaino leather cleaner. This stuff is awesome. Not cheap but I reckon its great. Check it out here:

Home

·
Registered
933 Posts
Regarding Tyre shine, I'm actually conducting my own "road tests" at the moment. I've been using "Motortech" aerosol can from Repco for $3.99. It makes the tyres black & glossy, is very easy to use and seems to last between washes for me. I'm actually taking notes on how many tyres I can treat with it, then next time I'm going to use a Meguairs product for $15.00 which claims you get 50 uses out of it. It will be interesting to see if there is much diffrence and which one works out more economical..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I bought some Zymol leather cleaner and some of their conditioner. I'll give it a try over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I've just ordered some the Zaino stuff, my front seats need a really good clean. I think the two step process, clean then condition, sounds like the better way to go. I might try to do a before and after comparison for everyone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts