Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 300C and have an electrical issue. The interior dome lights, mirrors, rear over head, heater control and analog clock lights do not come on as well as the trunk release. In doing searches on this, it seems to be a common issue, yet I can't find a resolution.

I have pulled all of the electrical diagrams for the car and have: checked all fuses front and rear. Pulled the FCM fuses one at a time and waited 15 minutes before resetting. No help.

The other day while driving, the lights came on for about five minutes which leads me to believe it is a short, loose ground, etc.

Since I have seen the issue posted, I wonder if anyone found spots to look. I do not want to go through the expense of replacing the cluster if this could be another, easier fix.

Nick

·
Registered
35 Posts
The only advice I can give you is to study your wiring diagrams and find a common link. It could be a ground, a power source, a common connector or harness bend around something potentially sharp or "hot"... even a common module output.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. They came back on yesterday and are still working today. Toughest problem to track IMO is an intermittent one...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
If it's a ground problem the next time it happens measure the voltage at the light ground to a known car ground with the lights on. It it reads 12v that tells that it is a ground problem. If there is no voltage at either the light positive or the light ground then it's a power cabling problem. This might help to locate the possible problem. Good luck, Bob.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These lights were on for a few days and went out when the passenger door was closed. I read that the trunk release wire runs down the passanger door raceway. Has anyone opened this up? Is it trim and carpet removal or some other access?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nick you have wire bundles running down both sides of the interior. From looking at the wiring diagrams...yeah..cluster is a good possibility. You could have a faulty connection behind it too. Yes, the trunk release (as well as the interior lamps) is powered by a driver in the cluster...seems silly doesn't it :pat: BUT, they do not share a common ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts