Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running the interior LED map lights in their 300..could you post some pix and give an honest opinion on how well you like/dislike this product..also what is the price you paid for your LEDs

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
LEDs are supposed to last a LOT longer than a standard filament bulb.
Something along the lines of 50000 hours or something. (?)
It's plenty of time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
map lights dome lights its all the same...do you have some pix for us? what's your opinion vs. stock bulbs? brighter cooler bluer? thnx

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I went with the Festoon Based 48 LED SMT Array Bulbs from www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs. They look great and are very bright. You do however have to remove the reflector out of the light housing... not that hard. I don't have pics but I could probably take some if you really wanted to see.
Oh yeah... I also recommend getting some clear double sided tape and taping the LEDs to the lens so they don't slide around in there.
Good Luck

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
142 Posts
leds for the inside

Vip300c is having a sale on them right now for the whole kit i emailed them this morning and the sent this back so jump on i am ordering mines on tomorrow.

[FONT=&quot]VIP300C[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Early Spring Sales[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]LED COMPLETE[/FONT][FONT=&quot] KITS![/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sales Price[/FONT][FONT=&quot] $95.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]99 + $15.00 shipping[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Complete kits include[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Interior LED Dome Light Kit[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot](left and right)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Rear Interior LED Light Kit [/FONT][FONT=&quot](left and right)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Rear Trunk LED Light Kit[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Rear plate LED Light Kit [/FONT][FONT=&quot](left and right)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Payment by Paypal at [/FONT][FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]​

·
Registered
2,508 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
what about the bulbs that illuminate when the door is open that are actually underneath the door? $100 doesn't actually sound that bad from VIP!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
what about the bulbs that illuminate when the door is open that are actually underneath the door? $100 doesn't actually sound that bad from VIP!
You're right..the WHOLE set from VIP is definetley worth MORE than a $100.
I was referring to the PUTCO led's $100 for the Dome lights alone. I got my LED's from
Auto Ilumination , cost was very reasonable, and they work ok. I would like to have them
to be a little brighter, but I can survive for now.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is anybody running the interior LED map lights in their 300..could you post some pix and give an honest opinion on how well you like/dislike this product..also what is the price you paid for your LEDs
Go to my thread and decide for yourself! http://www.300cforums.com/forums/li...cs-vip300c-autolumination-leds-installed.html You will NOT be dissapointed. They may look ' Bluer ' in the pictures, however they are not. If you buy cheap, you'll get cheap! End of story.....

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
And how's that working out for you? Was thinking about the LEDs, but was concerned about lifespan, etc.
i've been running them for 8 months, not one problem.

i have them under the doors, hard to change, but worth it. i also changed my two rear license plate lights. slab, come to one of the sclx meets when you are off and we for sure can help you do it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i don't know what you are referring to when you mean "map lights" but i am running LED is all my interior lights except for the vanity mirrors. i bought them based on this thread:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/te...how-led-interior-bulb-list-install-guide.html
Yup. That's what I did and put VIP300C lights for the license plate. I did the blue in all the interior except the vanity where I went white. They are definitely blue and they give off a lot of light but not enough to use as reading light or anything like that. It looks good though. No regrets here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I saw some people having issues with the lights staying on when the car is off. Is it true, i think I saw it under a other topic.. any answer to that bc I want to buy them too, but saw that post and scared me. I will see if I can find the topic and post it here, but they look very nice.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Every bulb in my car came from www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs. Most have been there about 9 months. Only issue was with the front turn signal/parking light. They sent me a new set no charge, no questions. Never heard of them staying on with the car off, mine don't. As far as brightness, if you replace the dome lights with the 44mm feston bulb they are not as bright as the stock. However if you use the 48 led High Powered SMT Array. They are about 10 times brighter than stock.
By the way, if you are wondering about the lower door lights, the 44mm = 1-3/4" Long 9LED Rigid Loop fit right in, are plenty bright and look great.
I saw some people having issues with the lights staying on when the car is off. Is it true, i think I saw it under a other topic.. any answer to that bc I want to buy them too, but saw that post and scared me. I will see if I can find the topic and post it here, but they look very nice.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts