Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wiper switch has six intermittent positions (1 = longest delay, 6 = shortest delay). Sometimes in position 2, the wipers are continuously on with no delay. Moving back to position 1 or 3, 4, 5, 6 returns wipers to appropriate delay. Sometimes position 2 works normally. Problem just surfaced a few weeks ago; I have 19K miles. Saw tons of Magnum owners with same issue on the www.lxforums.com site (they even had a poll on it), but haven't seen posts here. Anyone else having this problem and more importantly, has anyone been successful in getting it fixed?

PS I have the rain-sensing feature turned off.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The lack of posts about this issue may be due to the rain sensing wipers. I, for one, have never rotated the control to the intermittent, low speed or high speed positions. I just leave it in the rain sensing position which automatically operates the wipers anywhere from once a week through the high speed position as required. The only issue is remembering to turn it off before going through a car wash.

The next time it rains I'll try to remember to use the intermittent position and report back.

ON EDIT: You added the rain sensing comment between the time I read your posting and submitted this reply.

·
Registered
528 Posts
As I have stated before - the rain "sensing" system stinks.
Perfectly useless I'm afraid.
What, is it only me?

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Redman said:
As I have stated before - the rain "sensing" system stinks.
Perfectly useless I'm afraid.
What, is it only me?
OMFG!!!! Are you serious???

I just got back from a 350 mile trip and went through every type of rain possible due to scattered t-storms.

From drizzle, to no rain and water being misted on my windshield from the cars in front of me, to Full-on down pour.

I didn't have to touch the stalk ONCE! The rain sensing wipers knew exactly how fast to go at all times.

I was VERY VERY impressed with the technology.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
vvv90 said:
OMFG!!!! Are you serious???

I just got back from a 350 mile trip and went through every type of rain possible due to scattered t-storms.

From drizzle, to no rain and water being misted on my windshield from the cars in front of me, to Full-on down pour.

I didn't have to touch the stalk ONCE! The rain sensing wipers knew exactly how fast to go at all times.

I was VERY VERY impressed with the technology.
I have been impressed as well, but do have to make a conscious effort to remember before car washes. The only weird events I have had is in pretty heavy love bug clouds, etc...if they hit just the right spot on the windshield the wipers go off and smear the guts all over. Not pretty.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
jjs said:
I have been impressed as well, but do have to make a conscious effort to remember before car washes. The only weird events I have had is in pretty heavy love bug clouds, etc...if they hit just the right spot on the windshield the wipers go off and smear the guts all over. Not pretty.
Ha, yeah I noticed that too....LOTS of bugs on the highway I drove. A big one must have hit the sensor because they came on once.....It WAS a good reminder to wash them off at the next gas station though since it schmeered them real nice.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ok, ok, I must have a car built on Thursday.
Putting this down as an "issue to fix"...., next time I can part with her.
(Next year sometime).

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Redman said:
Ok, ok, I must have a car built on Thursday.
Putting this down as an "issue to fix"...., next time I can part with her.
(Next year sometime).
Yes, I'd definitely assume something is not working right about yours. You should like them.....Could it just be the sensitivity setting too high?

Like I said, I never touched mine. It's set right now from the factory and works flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I passed on the speed sense wipers on a DCX veicle I bought a few years ago, figuring it was a "useless" or unnecessary feature. But another vehicle I bought since then had them and I must say I love them! They work perfectly and I use them all the time.

FYI, the speed sensitive intermittent wiper is controlled by the Body Control Module. The intermittent mode, with the vehicle traveling greater than 10.4 mph, has a range of 0.5 to 18 seconds. With the vehicle traveling less than 10.4 mph, the time delay doubles to a range of 1 to 36 seconds.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
ResumeSpeed said:
With the vehicle traveling less than 10.4 mph, the time delay doubles to a range of 1 to 36 seconds.
Well then I'll retract my statement about them working "flawlessly"

They're great don't get me wrong,

but I do remember a situation where I was driving very slow pulling out of a gas station and my windshield got so wet I couldn't see and the wipers didn't move so I flicked them once.

I was confused as to why, but after what you said I guess they're supposed to.

It doesn't make sense to me.....no matter what speed your travelling the windshield should be clear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts