Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big hello to you,

I've been perusing the forum for the past few days and thoroughly enjoyed the interactions I've looked at. You're obviously a very proud group of peeps.

Last weekend decided to put myself a deposit down on a 57 plate CRD. Lovely car to drive roomy as hell (haven't experienced so much space since my jaguar XJ6).

Noticed that the alloys had some deep scuff marks on the centre of the wheel so have asked the dealer (not a chrysler dealer) to get these removed. Also noticed on the subsequent test drive that there was (i can only describe it as) a ticking coming from the engine compartment. I pointed this out to the guy on the test drive with me and asked them to fix this too.

the noise was noticeable early as i started to depress the accelerator but disappeared as the revs built up.

Anyhow, and my apologies for digressing.

I'm supposed to pick the beast up tomorrow. Am very much looking forward to it and have a couple of questions that you fine folk may be able to help me with.

1. noticed threads about corrosion so am assuming that the pits and scuffs on the alloys could be something along those lines. As this car is only 6 months old is it still covered under the chrysler warranty? even though i'm purchasing it from a non chrysler dealer?

2. if so, if the dealer can't remove the scuffs from the alloys would they be covered under the warranty?

I've seen lots of threads about chipping, remapping and additives and this is all totally new territory to me so please forgive me if I ask the most obvious of questions in subsequent posts.

I'm sure there's lots more i'll be chipping in with, but i'm looking forward to enjoying the ownership and seeking the advice of a fine group.

best wishes

BMEWS

·
Registered
144 Posts
BMEWS,

Firstly welcome to the forum, there has been some threads about the ticking noise (run a quick search for ticking), and also with regards the wheels yes they would still be under warranty, just take it to your local Chrysler dealer.

Enjoy your new wheels!

SDM197

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi BMEWS,
First off welcome to the forum - loads of info here and very friendly people. Bad news is I very much doubt if any company would cover physical damage under their warranty. That is not down to poor materials or workmanship by Chrysler but poor driving by the previous owner. But of course - you can but ask. Ticking seems to effect some cars but not others. Anyway I am sure you will be delighted with your purchase and will be on here tomorrow evening telling us all about it and supplying photographs. By the way, if you feel like it you are very welcome to come up for our meeting on the 4th May.:)
Cheers John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi BMEWS,
First off welcome to the forum - loads of info here and very friendly people. Bad news is I very much doubt if any company would cover physical damage under their warranty. That is not down to poor materials or workmanship by Chrysler but poor driving by the previous owner. But of course - you can but ask. Ticking seems to effect some cars but not others. Anyway I am sure you will be delighted with your purchase and will be on here tomorrow evening telling us all about it and supplying photographs. By the way, if you feel like it you are very welcome to come up for our meeting on the 4th May.:)
Cheers John

hi John,

not sure they were scuff marks due to rough treatment or whether they're suffering some corrosion. Oh well, no worries as I've been told my car won't be ready tomorrow, they're quoting Saturday.

anyhow, thanks for the prompt replies.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Newbie here myself so ....
:friday:welcome:beerchug:
OMG the newbies are taking over :fing02:

Have you still got a fixed grin on your face ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks to everybody

the newbies are a good thing? :)

it's good to belong (wasn't that in an advert somewhere?). That said, I can't possibly comment about the fixed grin as I've not even got my car yet (the dealer(car supermarket) told me that the wheels aren't ready yet so should now be tomorrow).

was thinking about driving down to the south of france and taking it for a spin around monaco. I did that late last year in a hire car and was good fun. Obviously living near an F1 circuit and indeed having quite a bit to do with the place I quite like the idea of having a tootle around the street circuits and depending upon the fuel costs this might work out cheaper than taking a flight down.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
the newbies are a good thing? :) always :fing02:

it's good to belong (wasn't that in an advert somewhere?). That said, I can't possibly comment about the fixed grin as I've not even got my car yet (the dealer(car supermarket) told me that the wheels aren't ready yet so should now be tomorrow).

was thinking about driving down to the south of france and taking it for a spin around monaco. I did that late last year in a hire car and was good fun. Obviously living near an F1 circuit and indeed having quite a bit to do with the place I quite like the idea of having a tootle around the street circuits and depending upon the fuel costs this might work out cheaper than taking a flight down.
I've never driven in europe - is diesel still a LOT cheaper than over here, if so, at 40mpg, you'll be able to do a proper cost comparison.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never driven in europe - is diesel still a LOT cheaper than over here, if so, at 40mpg, you'll be able to do a proper cost comparison.

HI Murph,

last time I checked diesel was approx 85p per litre compared to the 1.15 I paid for the diesel in the hire car i've just returned.

Obviously have to include the road tolls which if using the Motorway would be 41.00 each way. Still a nice way to see a country.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Welcome BMEWS

I'm another new member as well, we must be gentle on some of the senior members

Good luck with the car tomorrow

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Welcome BMEWS

I'm another new member as well, we must be gentle on some of the senior members

Good luck with the car tomorrow

Cheers

Dave
pesky young whippersnapper newbies

Hope that the car is EXACTLY what you hoped for.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum "BMEWS", there are some old threads about chipping and tunning box for diesel engine, loads of stuff to read through in this forum.

·
Registered
461 Posts
A Belated Hi & Welcome BMEWS, it looks like to Northants and Bucks membership might be catching up with the Scots
:fing02:

·
Registered
981 Posts

Hi there from the other side of the world, Im sure you will gain a lot of great help on here. This forum is wonderful for reducing that distance. In reference to Murph's comments about Diesel fuel costs. 18 months ago when I purchased my CRD. Diesel fuel was cheaper than petrol. Now it's up to 20 cents a litre more expensive than petrol per litre. I am not sure of your conversion factor, but petrol is about $1.44 a litre and Diesel about $1.60 a litre now. How do you figure that out?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts