Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,
Aussie here living in the Midwest of the good ole USofA.
Been here for 14 years+ full time and love it.
Looking for a second vehicle and pretty keen on a V8 300C AWD.
Can someone steer me in the right direction for things to look out for? I am a mechanic just not familiar with the 300C/300 vehicles.
I would prefer V8 and love the fact that they were available in AWD as I was initially not going to get AWD if it meant a V6...I already have that in a Pacifica and really miss a good old V8.

So far It seems just a hand full of minor electrical items that bang out but what of the heavy stuff like drive train. I dont think you can hurt the Hemi 5.7 easily but how does that drive system hold up to the lead footed inclined folk?
Again I am not versed in this vehicle and would love some of your knowledge.
I was looking from around 2014-2019 models for price range....maybe up to the $22k era und hoping for under 40k miles. maybe a 300S opted 5.7 2wd if no AWD?
Thoughts...suggestions all welcomed.

The Aussie.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
G'day all,
Aussie here living in the Midwest of the good ole USofA.
Been here for 14 years+ full time and love it.
Looking for a second vehicle and pretty keen on a V8 300C AWD.
Can someone steer me in the right direction for things to look out for? I am a mechanic just not familiar with the 300C/300 vehicles.
I would prefer V8 and love the fact that they were available in AWD as I was initially not going to get AWD if it meant a V6...I already have that in a Pacifica and really miss a good old V8.

So far It seems just a hand full of minor electrical items that bang out but what of the heavy stuff like drive train. I dont think you can hurt the Hemi 5.7 easily but how does that drive system hold up to the lead footed inclined folk?
Again I am not versed in this vehicle and would love some of your knowledge.
I was looking from around 2014-2019 models for price range....maybe up to the $22k era und hoping for under 40k miles. maybe a 300S opted 5.7 2wd if no AWD?
Thoughts...suggestions all welcomed.

The Aussie.
More of an update than a reply...
I have changed my mind. I really would just rather the V8 and skip the AWD by taking a new vehicle. On the hunt for a fully loaded 5.7 S or a decent 5.7 C with options. under 36K miles and 2016-2019 years.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry, wish I'd seen your post earlier, I'd have chimed in. Hope you're happy with whatever you got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts