Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Couldn't say the same for that old 289. The 351W that followed either was more stout, or I just treated it nicer. Probably the later.
289...awesome little engine. My cousin had a yellow 64 1/2 with a 4 speed manual when we were kids. Man if we only knew then........

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Electronics are weird. When I adjusted my throttle pressure(now at 20 %) it trew a PCM communication code. Everything worked as it should though so I erased the code and the light is out and she runs great. strange

·
Registered
48 Posts
Electronics are weird. When I adjusted my throttle pressure(now at 20 %) it trew a PCM communication code. Everything worked as it should though so I erased the code and the light is out and she runs great. strange
If i had a dollar for each BS code my car threw out..

Reactions: dinasaur

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back to the brake light...I haven't looked but I wonder if the sensor for it can be adjusted like the old style? I've never even used my parking/emergency brake. Maybe I should see if it even works...lol
My brake light was acting up. Just had to reach up and bend the contact tab a little bit above the parking brake lever. Problem solved

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
If i had a dollar for each BS code my car threw out..
Yea I don't usually worry too much when a check engine light comes on if everything is running and operating good...but...I had JUST changed the throttle pressure so I didn't risk it. I ran it and it ran perfect so I just checked the codes and when I saw what it was I just cleared it. She runs awesome. Launches like a cat over a firecracker!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a situation of concern arise this evening.

I tore back into the driver front brakes and try to kill the squeal, (I think I'm going to have to get a new caliper pin kit to do it) and in the test drive afterward, I did a launch, and the 1-2 shift was all weird, the car literally fell on it's face then took right the heck off. I'm hoping it was just the nanny traction control kicking in, I did hit the esp switch, but from what I've read that only turns the nanny down. Maybe I'm wrong?

Which bring me to ask, does the tuner give you the option to turn the traction control nanny all the way off? I can't remember if that was a option with the intune or not.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
I can't say what might have caused the nose dive on launch but Yes the diablo does give you the option to completely turn off traction control. I just use the switch on the dash because she'll break loose with that turned off. It would probably go crazy if I totally disabled it...lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't say what might have caused the nose dive on launch but Yes the diablo does give you the option to completely turn off traction control. I just use the switch on the dash because she'll break loose with that turned off. It would probably go crazy if I totally disabled it...lol[/QUOTE

Ive disabled mine completely before in the name of scientific research..burns the right rear into 3rd gear from a standstill.. No thanks. With an open diff you need the torque management to some degree and still need to walk it out of the hole for a street dig. The ESP disable option in the tuner is meant for dyno pulls during tuning. Mines already turned off by the ABS system due to a bad tone ring on my left rear axle. I may do a getrag swap so ive just put off fixing it.

Reactions: dinasaur

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can't say what might have caused the nose dive on launch but Yes the diablo does give you the option to completely turn off traction control. I just use the switch on the dash because she'll break loose with that turned off. It would probably go crazy if I totally disabled it...lol[/QUOTE

Ive disabled mine completely before in the name of scientific research..burns the right rear into 3rd gear from a standstill.. No thanks. With an open diff you need the torque management to some degree and still need to walk it out of the hole for a street dig. The ESP disable option in the tuner is meant for dyno pulls during tuning. Mines already turned off by the ABS system due to a bad tone ring on my left rear axle. I may do a getrag swap so ive just put off fixing it.
I was expecting an open diff, but mine leaves 11's consistently.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its the IRS that makes it act a bit like a LSD. Ive put down more doubles than singles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ok....I have to ask...what the Heck is the IRS?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts