Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I am not a new new. I had joined before but forgot to renew, ,,,So here I am again. Always good to read what is going on. I do have a question for some of the more veteran members. I just recently purchased a Diablo inTune. after playing the waiting game and getting it updated and registered I headed to the garage to play. I have never had a problem with my 05 300C, but after trying to install a tune on the car it is idling like crap and after dong the "key dance" I am the proud owner of 4 codes. (P1411,P1414,P1416,P1417) I have looked into some of the meanings/sources of them but came to you guys for better answers. I REALLY don't want to take it in to the dealer.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind doing things myself as long as it isn't too in depth where I would ruin my baby.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Hello all.

I am not a new new. I had joined before but forgot to renew, ,,,So here I am again. Always good to read what is going on. I do have a question for some of the more veteran members. I just recently purchased a Diablo inTune. after playing the waiting game and getting it updated and registered I headed to the garage to play. I have never had a problem with my 05 300C, but after trying to install a tune on the car it is idling like crap and after dong the "key dance" I am the proud owner of 4 codes. (P1411,P1414,P1416,P1417) I have looked into some of the meanings/sources of them but came to you guys for better answers. I REALLY don't want to take it in to the dealer.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind doing things myself as long as it isn't too in depth where I would ruin my baby.

Thanks in advance
Hey man. First of all, best advice is to post a new thread... not in one that has been dead for nearly a decade!!! ;) This might be a record actually.

But all good. As far as your codes, I can give you full info if you need, but in short they are...

P1411–CYLINDER 1 REACTIVATION CONTROL PERFORMANCE . . . .
P1414–CYLINDER 4 REACTIVATION CONTROL PERFORMANCE . . . .
P1416–CYLINDER 6 REACTIVATION CONTROL PERFORMANCE . . . .
P1417–CYLINDER 7 REACTIVATION CONTROL PERFORMANCE . . . .

Before we go down that road, I'm pretty sure that the car just simply did not take the tune well. That is not entirely uncommon, especially upon your first tuning. Just return your car back to the stock tune, then try reloading the tune again. I've even heard of people doing it 3 or 4 times before it takes it properly on their first tuning.

If you haven't had any issues before this, then I'm pretty confident that's what you are experiencing. And by the way, no need to do the key dance anymore, the InTune can pull those codes and clear them for you. So go ahead and clear the codes, then detune and retune, and let us know how you're doing.

But really, nothing to worry about yet. Certainly don't go to the dealer.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
This is not unusual. Rather than trying to delete the codes with the tuner still on the car, return it to stock with the tuner, disconnect the tuner, pull your AutoShutOff/PCM fuse (might be fuse 11 on your car under the hood), put the fuse back in and start the car. You should not have any codes at this point.

Then, make sure before you plug in the tuner, make sure ALL accessories are off and the buzzers, bells and chimes are silent. Then reload the tune.

I've had to download a canned tune from a Predator to a few cars more than once before it was error free. No explanation of why but the tune finally loaded fine.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Is that the 5.7?

Isn't 1 4 6 7 the cylinders that deactivate on MDS systems.
Has mds been turned off?

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Yeah, those codes can certainly be related to MDS. Kinda spells it out in the DTC's in the service manual. Just didn't want to start taking him down that road unless necessary. I really think it just needs reloaded.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
And come on - who took this out of the 10 year old thread?!?! Is that a record or what?? ;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Can someone tell me exactly what DS Predator I would need? And the cheapest place to buy one?

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Can someone tell me exactly what DS Predator I would need? And the cheapest place to buy one?
For Predator you need model number U7135. Predator is car model specific. They don't make them anymore, so best bet is to find one on the forums used for sale or on ebay, etc. Just make sure it is unmarried and still not locked to a car.

InTune and Trinity are the current DS tuners. They are not car model specific and you can download what's needed for your specific car.

·
Registered
786 Posts
For Predator you need model number U7135. Predator is car model specific. They don't make them anymore, so best bet is to find one on the forums used for sale or on ebay, etc. Just make sure it is unmarried and still not locked to a car.

InTune and Trinity are the current DS tuners. They are not car model specific and you can download what's needed for your specific car.
Which should I get?I want to get a good affordable one but without the bells and whistles.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Which should I get?I want to get a good affordable one but without the bells and whistles.
I recommend InTune. It replaced the Predator. Predator definitely cheapest, but they are no longer supported, although they still do the job. But the InTune is the current tuner and is supported. I love my Trinity, but it's basically the same thing - just has some bells and whistles.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I recommend InTune. It replaced the Predator. Predator definitely cheapest, but they are no longer supported, although they still do the job. But the InTune is the current tuner and is supported. I love my Trinity, but it's basically the same thing - just has some bells and whistles.
Difference in cost is over $100 yeah?

Question, can someone with a DSP tune a car that's not their own? IE-what stops someone from tuning like 5-6 cars if they are the correct match? (not that I know anyone with one)

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Difference in cost is over $100 yeah?

Question, can someone with a DSP tune a car that's not their own? IE-what stops someone from tuning like 5-6 cars if they are the correct match? (not that I know anyone with one)
Can only be married to one car at a time. So you have to return the car to stock tune if you want to use the device on another car. That's why you have to be careful when buying a used one that it's not still married to the previous car - if so, you bought a brick.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
And enough bricks you can build a house, so not all bad :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Looking for a used Predator now... not much luck. I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Looking for a used Predator now... not much luck. I'll keep looking.
Saw one on LXF recently. Also saw one on a Facebook group called "LX Swap Meet". Ebay has them from time to time too. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Hey djdubc - any update?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Saw one on LXF recently. Also saw one on a Facebook group called "LX Swap Meet". Ebay has them from time to time too. Good luck.

Thx for the ref. I joined LX swap earlier. I'll continue to look locally. Shame is I missed 2... TWO different ads on CL. Now they are both sold. I really need to check the advantages of the I1000 over the Predator to see if it's worth the $$$.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Thx for the ref. I joined LX swap earlier. I'll continue to look locally. Shame is I missed 2... TWO different ads on CL. Now they are both sold. I really need to check the advantages of the I1000 over the Predator to see if it's worth the $$$.
No prob. The only real advantage is that I think the InTune can datalog a bit easier, if you're looking for that. Besides that, they do basically the exact same thing. Physically, the InTune is sexier - it's like an iPhone with touch screen. Whereas, the Predator is a big ol' chunk of plastic with a monochrome screen and buttons to use. Doesn't change the functionality, but the style is a bit dated.

·
Registered
786 Posts
No prob. The only real advantage is that I think the InTune can datalog a bit easier, if you're looking for that. Besides that, they do basically the exact same thing. Physically, the InTune is sexier - it's like an iPhone with touch screen. Whereas, the Predator is a big ol' chunk of plastic with a monochrome screen and buttons to use. Doesn't change the functionality, but the style is a bit dated.
Uuugh. I love new toys and technology. I am sure I'd have a ball playing with a I-1000 or Trinity. With my debt I just can't justify the cost right now when the Predator does everything you just described. I even had someone on FB offer me a Trinity for $420 shipped but while I am tempted, I had to pass on that as well. That $$$ could be used for a Predator as well as several other things I wanna do to the car.

I'm gonna keep looking and waiting for a great deal on the Predator but patience is NOT one of my virtues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts