Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 12V outlet in the console always hot or does it go off with the ignition? I don't want to leave the iPod Charger in and drain the battery.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think that there is a setting in EVIC that lets you set how long you want them to remain hot for. In mine (2005) i can choose between 30seconds, 5 minutes, 30 minutes and maybe more.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The one in the ash tray is selectable by moving the fuse #18 in back fuse box to either positon for power always on or on with igntion switch. The one in the console is always on.The evic setting keeps radio on with out the key in the ignition ,for the time peroid till the DOORS ARE OPENED

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one in the ash tray is selectable by moving the fuse #18 in back fuse box to either positon for power always on or on with igntion switch. The one in the console is always on.The evic setting keeps radio on with out the key in the ignition ,for the time peroid till the DOORS ARE OPENED
Yep, it seems the one in the console is always hot. Does anyone know if an iPod charger that's always hooked in drains the battery?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts