Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IPOD has been playing perfectly in my Chrysler 300. That is until this morning. Now I continue to get the following message: IPOD Error Reconnect. I disconnect and reconnect IPOD and the same message appears. The aux and Bluetooth work great. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
IPOD has been playing perfectly in my Chrysler 300. That is until this morning. Now I continue to get the following message: IPOD Error Reconnect. I disconnect and reconnect IPOD and the same message appears. The aux and Bluetooth work great. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks
hardnard99,

I'm sorry to hear about your radio concern. Have you already re-started your Ipod? Have you attempted a different USB cable or second Ipod device?

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
What iPod interface are you using? OEM or aftermarket? Sometimes you need to unplug the interface cable from the harness and re-connect it. This is most common on aftermarket interface harnesses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IPOD Connection

hardnard99,

I'm sorry to hear about your radio concern. Have you already re-started your Ipod? Same problem. Have you attempted a different USB cable or second Ipod device?
I restarted my IPOD as well as purchased a new cable. However, when I connected my IPHONE via the USB connection it worked perfectly. Although my IPOD still functions great, it will not work in my car. Any suggestions? Thanks for the solutions.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've had this happen a couple of times on my iPod Classic. The iPod needed to be rebooted before it started working again. As much as I bag on the Uconnect features, I think this is one of those occasional iPod glitches.

To reboot the iPod Classic, you need to press and hold the center and top of the wheel for about ten seconds.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I restarted my IPOD as well as purchased a new cable. However, when I connected my IPHONE via the USB connection it worked perfectly. Although my IPOD still functions great, it will not work in my car. Any suggestions? Thanks for the solutions.
hardnard99,

With your Iphone/Uconnect syncing up as designed, it is likely the issue resides in the Ipod. In some cases, if the Ipod is left in a cold environment for an extended period of time, inconsistencies can occur.

·
Registered
460 Posts
hardnard99,

With your Iphone/Uconnect syncing up as designed, it is likely the issue resides in the Ipod. In some cases, if the Ipod is left in a cold environment for an extended period of time, inconsistencies can occur.
I completely concur with ChryslerCACares on this one. My iPod has goofed occasionally on cold mornings. I'm not sure what the operating temperatures are for an iPod Classic, and maybe the hard disk doesn't like getting too cold. Rebooting the iPod has always gotten everything back to normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts