Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 model 300c Touring with the REJ nav headunit.
Has anyone tried the 'PAC' kit on an REJ unit and got it to work showing the tracks an artists etc on the screen properly or does it only work on the us ones?
OR maybe the MOPAR one?

I have an ipod touch and am getting fed up with the FM transmitter.

Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would like to install my ipod touch in the car as well. I have an 07 CRD with the REJ head unit.

Any ideas appreciated as always.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the bottom right hand corner of the nav unit (below the knob I think) is the model reference.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Bo

Did you order this direct from the USA? It is priced at $120 on there site, but when I go to the UK distributor site it is £120 (twice as much!!!).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Glen

Funny how a smal difference a £ and $ means a lot..

No I did not order it directly. I had a freind who travels a lot and have family over there to buy it for me.

Nice freind - can´t wait till he is going to have a container to EU... With some nice wheels in it for me :))

Bo

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you see the track list and playlist details on the head unit ?
Can you post a pic of what you see?

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I havent got one of these CHYP kits yet but I believe you dont get to see track lists etc on the screen. You get to control basic functions like next track through the steering wheel.

I have found a guy who ships to the UK. He is selling the unit for $90. If we get enough people together we could make a bulk buy and try to get some discount. Not sure what the shipping is yet though.

Let me know if anyone is interested in one of these units and I will try to negotiate a deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure unit if this is the same unit as I'm at work and can't see the model code I just had it installed on Saturday for the unit £94 inc vat, and almost the same for installation. I have a REJ '06 model sat-nav unit. it's locked onto 87.5FM and the sound is perfect. but no track info or ability navigate via the steering wheel.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ordered a CHYP ipod connector for the 300C from the USA 6 days ago. It turned up today and I have just installed it. It was very easy to install and works perfectly. It has great sound as it is hard wired in and the ipod can be controlled via the controls on the steering wheel (skip to next song or previous song). It also charges the ipod when the ignition is switched on.

My car is a 56 plate 300C and the head unit is the 6 disc with nav REJ unit. The CHYP ipod adapter cost me £55 delivered all the way from America. There is a UK site selling these for £120!! So all in all a complete bargain and I am now very happy I can listen to my ipod with crystal clear sound rather than through the FM transmitter which never gives a crisp sound.

If anyone else is interested in ordering then see the following link:-

Peripheral CHYP Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ipod Integration on eBay, also Other Installation Products, Installation Products, Car Electronics, Consumer Electronics (end time 12-Aug-08 22:56:53 BST)

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
not outside of the US as far as I know..

the US Spec Mopar Ipod Integration kit for the REC radio does here in the States, but the REJ is not compatible with the Mopar Kit.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
been bench tested locally on an REJ, it would not recognize the unit..

I think it was because it uses the SAT (sirrius) interface to display the text and the SAT interface on the REJ is a programmed differently, not the same "language" or frequency..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I emailed the guy on ebay last night to ask if it works with the new iphone G3 - anyone tried it??? He came back to me this morning saying he wasn't sure.

I have a Clarion with ipod connector in another motor and it works fine with the iphone. Warning screen came up on the phone when I plugged it in saying it didn't support charging? Everything else works fine. I think I'll get one anyway and just use my old ipod in the car????

Cheers

Simon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts