Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 300c this week and it had a plug in the glove box called iplug by dual has red yellow and white video cables and a 3.5mm headphone jack and it says ipod under it so i baught a double ended jack plugged it to my ipod headphone hole and then that but cant figure out how to get to it ?anyone know about this =like a video 1 and 2 on your tv theres gotta be something on the 6 disk changer i have???

·
Registered
470 Posts
ummm...bump! anyone...let's try to help him it's his first post!! i dont really understand the question.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I don't know anything about this stuff, but it sounds to me you have the Mopar ipod adapter. I looked through many theads on this, but didn't come up with any clear cut explanations. One thing I found is that apparently you will loose Sirius presets.

Here's just one thread - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/49674-ipod.html. It talks about the wires in the glove box. One of the posts has a part number. I don't know if it's the same as you have, but it might be worth asking your dealer if it is a Mopar aftermarket thing.

Bernie

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is the Dual headunit still in the car? You probably just need to go through the sources and look for external media, AUX, or even Ipod under the features.

Shawn

·
Registered
470 Posts
Is the Dual headunit still in the car? You probably just need to go through the sources and look for external media, AUX, or even Ipod under the features.

Shawn
i was thinking maybe they had a dual h/u in there before, removed it but left the ipod wires.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If the Dual head unit is no longer in the car, it will not work anymore. The software in the Dual head unit is different than the factory head unit. They will not communicate to read from the Ipod.

Shawn

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have an aftermarket ipod integration kit and to get it to play I have to cycle through the receiver from AM, FM, CD, to one that reads DVD and then in small letters CP1. There is also a CP2 for something else. Sometimes if I plug in the ipod while the car is on I have to cycle though two times.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i just bought my 300c this week and it had a plug in the glove box called iplug by dual has red yellow and white video cables and a 3.5mm headphone jack and it says ipod under it so i baught a double ended jack plugged it to my ipod headphone hole and then that but cant figure out how to get to it ?anyone know about this =like a video 1 and 2 on your tv theres gotta be something on the 6 disk changer i have???
You need to clarify. Can't get to what? If you mean in the menu then you need to state what head unit is in the car, be specific (eg. Pioneer Avic Z2). If the head unit is not Dual then the ipod connection simply won't work.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
search for iplug by dual its plugged into the stock unit so i dont know
its one of these but with right /left audio and video like a tv i wanna figure out how to get it to the ipod it goes from cd to fm to am and thats it he had the stock cd player in there the dealer said he used it for the rear tvs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts