Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know from you guys if y'all think that $125 is a good price to pay for a used s/c flashpaq? I know already that the predator is better and I plan on buying one in the future but for now would it be worth my time in buying the flashpaq? I know the pro and cons as I have read many threads on the subject. I've haven't seen a s/c posted for sale for less then $150, can someone enlighten me on this. Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! C'mon that all it's good for? It has to be worth something if I can at least manually shift gears in autostick mode without it automatically shifting for me, right?

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
LOL! C'mon that all it's good for? It has to be worth something if I can at least manually shift gears in autostick mode without it automatically shifting for me, right?

If that's worth $125 to you then go for it. I'd spend another $150 and get the real deal.

FWIW: The older SRT8's like mine did what you're paying $125 for. I'm glad it shifts in autostick mode since my flash. It's not a manual. It fails at pretending it is. The first time you hit your rev limiter you're going to want to go back.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
just wanted to know from you guys if y'all think that $125 is a good price to pay for a used s/c flashpaq? I know already that the predator is better and I plan on buying one in the future but for now would it be worth my time in buying the flashpaq? I know the pro and cons as I have read many threads on the subject. I've haven't seen a s/c posted for sale for less then $150, can someone enlighten me on this. Thanks
I think that you need to decide whether or not you will be modifying your car. If you plan any modifications other than wheels/tires you will be surpassing the abilities of the Flashpaq to tune properly. The Flashpaq has a number of enhancements for a stock C so if you plan to stay stock the Flashpaq will probably work for you. Buying the Flashpaq now and upgrading to the Predator later seems somewhat redundant.

·
Registered
712 Posts
What Midnight said!!!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yep just dosent make sense....save the money till you can afford the real deal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own both the Flashpaq and the Predator. They both work good on some cars and they both don't work so good on other cars. If I had a 2006 300C I would buy the Flashpaq and not look back unless I wanted the ability to blow my engine up. No matter which one you end up with when you get a tuner that works great on your car don't ever update it to a newer version just because you can. Database 56 of the Flashpaq ran the very best on my 2005 Magnum RT. They started with database 46 on the initial release and they are now up to database 104. You can't revert back to a older tune with the Flashpaq and sometimes you can't with the Predator either. If it ain't broke don't fix it! So far the Predator does not work right on my 08 Charger and Diablo has sent me 2 custom tunes that didn't work either. I will be putting the car back to stock tune and returning the Predator for a refund because now Diablo is acting really stumped and we can't even get them to talk about the problems.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks y'all, I ended up just trading my factory 6 disc cd changer for it straight up. I think that's a fair trade since I don't use the 6 disc anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts