Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm up for a new car in July and the 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT is near the top of my list. Do I have anything to look forward to regarding tuning and aftermarket performance upgrades?

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
There are tunes available for the 12 and 13 model, but not sure on the 14 model yet?
Are you looking only for power or appearance. Also it all depends on how much money you want to spend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There are tunes available for the 12 and 13 model, but not sure on the 14 model yet?
Are you looking only for power or appearance. Also it all depends on how much money you want to spend.
I just added "performance" to my post for clarity. I'm going to keep the car stock in appearance (Phantom Black) but I'm looking to be in the low 11s for the 1/4 mile on sticky street tires. Ultimately, I like 40-120 bursts. My goal is to beat new GT-Rs from a roll. Stock, of course. I do realize that once modified, GT-Rs are almost unbeatable.

Does the 2014 have a new gearbox? If so, there may be an issue with using 2012 and 2013 tunes.

·
7,943 Posts
If your wanting to go above the 700- 750 hp mark then you will be looking at even more upgrades, cause thats about the limit with everything else left at stock.
Just been looking, cause I thought someone had put an SC on the 6.4 but can't find it. There are kits available now.
Take a look in here.
Forced Induction - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your wanting to go above the 700- 750 hp mark then you will be looking at even more upgrades, cause thats about the limit with everything else left at stock.
Just been looking, cause I thought someone had put an SC on the 6.4 but can't find it. There are kits available now.
Take a look in here.
I'm not sure what I need to be in the low 11s. I'm guessing forced induction, intake, downpipes, exhaust, intercooler. Basically I want to get as close as I can without having to upgrade internal engine parts.

P.S. I had to remove the link in your post (in my reply) because I don't have enough posts to include links...

·
7,943 Posts
After your next post you should be right. Theres some others here with forced induction that might be able to give you a better idea.
Maybe not the 6.4 but the times they run on the 6.1 with a SC

·
Registered
562 Posts
If you're going to boost to get into the 11's you need to upgrade the pistons/rods. The 6.4 pistons have a thin ringland. The 6.1 had a lower compression ratio and could run 8-10lbs boost stock. However, the 6.4 has higher compression (10.9:1) with the same pistons. More than one engine has blown trying to go boost stock.
Now, with all that said, JonW on here has a an edelbrock s/c on a stock bottom end running just fine, not sure how much boost or track times.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You could always go old school and do heads/cam package, intake/tune/full exhaust, gears and spray the crap out of it... I ran 12.5's consistently bone stock. If you do a heads/cam/supporting mods package you should gain another 100hp which would put you solidly in the mid 11's. Not bad for a 4300 luxury sedan. Spray it and your in the bottom 11's.

As for racing GTR's, just don't chances of running stock one are slim and even with a couple mods those are 10sec cars all day long. You'll never be able to take one off the line (AWD vs RWD) and from a roll they are even faster. I'm not saying don't have goals but shoot for maybe beating up on M5's, M3's. ISF's and then when you start going fast the CTS-V's (which also run 10's pretty easy with mods). Just my opinion anyway...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
...but shoot for maybe beating up on M5's, M3's. ISF's and then when you start going fast the CTS-V's (which also run 10's pretty easy with mods). Just my opinion anyway...
M3s and ISFs are no challenge for the 2nd Gen SRT (in a straight line, that is)...just so I understand you right. Now as far as the M5s and CTS-Vs...great goal! A bit lofty and challenging...but indeed, achievable -- great aspirations! GO FOR IT, OP!!! Be careful though, just as PhantomX said, only a few mods put those two vehicles almost out of reach...good luck!

·
Registered
931 Posts
If you want to do any of this on a 2014, first thing you need to think about is your budget. If you're fine spending 40k to do the heads and cam or FI, then have at it. It's not cheap to run stand alone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2014 300srt. From the massive amount of research ive been doing, your options are procharger and the tv's system arrington has. Ive spoken to rdp and arrington that say they can do it. I had a twin screw and i can tell you when sc hits, its brutal on only 7 lbs of boost. In manual, your tranny can handle the power. The auto tranny, not so much. Over time, you will be over the power rating and probably looking at tranny work, but I suppose that's relative to how you drive it. These are high compression setups and they generally arent great for supercharging. So if you want to do it right, you'll want forged internals and the upgrades the experience d folk speak of. So if your like me, I am waiting for edelbrock to crack the tune. They have the most power with the least boost. The power is predictable unlike procharger. Do lots of reading before you choose and make sure you test drive to see which you like. I didnt and went with a Kenne bell. It was fun when I was racing and brutal when I wanted to drive like a normal person. Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have a 2014 300srt. From the massive amount of research ive been doing, your options are procharger and the tv's system arrington has. Ive spoken to rdp and arrington that say they can do it. I had a twin screw and i can tell you when sc hits, its brutal on only 7 lbs of boost. In manual, your tranny can handle the power. The auto tranny, not so much. Over time, you will be over the power rating and probably looking at tranny work, but I suppose that's relative to how you drive it. These are high compression setups and they generally arent great for supercharging. So if you want to do it right, you'll want forged internals and the upgrades the experience d folk speak of. So if your like me, I am waiting for edelbrock to crack the tune. They have the most power with the least boost. The power is predictable unlike procharger. Do lots of reading before you choose and make sure you test drive to see which you like. I didnt and went with a Kenne bell. It was fun when I was racing and brutal when I wanted to drive like a normal person. Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
First, I wouldn't go to rdp for free coffee. Second, Edelbrock has a kit out for the 392, JonW has one on his car.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
First, I wouldn't go to rdp for free coffee. Second, Edelbrock has a kit out for the 392, JonW has one on his car.
Just so we're clear about your second statement... Hizon was accurate in stating that Edelbrock has yet to "crack the tune" programming for the '13+ (@ least that's what he meant). Yes, JonW's '12 392 was s/c'd by Edelbrock, but the '13s, the way I understand it, have different encryption for its programming. They haven't cracked the code yet... Just don't want anyone out there in 3CF land to get confused.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Just so we're clear about your second statement... Hizon was accurate in stating that Edelbrock has yet to "crack the tune" programming for the '13+ (@ least that's what he meant). Yes, JonW's '12 392 was s/c'd by Edelbrock, but the '13s, the way I understand it, have different encryption for its programming. They haven't cracked the code yet... Just don't want anyone out there in 3CF land to get confused.
Just to be clear....Neither Edelbrock or KB or ProCharger or ???? crack the code. They all use CMR from Diablo. When Diablo cracks the code, then the tuners can start working on their tune for the car. Some of the companies are also trying out the new SCT stuff. Pretty sure their working on 2013 tuning now.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Just to be clear....Neither Edelbrock or KB or ProCharger or ???? crack the code. They all use CMR from Diablo. When Diablo cracks the code, then the tuners can start working on their tune for the car. Some of the companies are also trying out the new SCT stuff. Pretty sure their working on 2013 tuning now.
Ahhh...understood. Didn't know it worked that way... So you're saying they've actually cracked the code for the '13 and are now working the mechanics/tuning?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Give them about a year and the code should be broken and 13 S/C kits should be released. During that time think of supporting mods which will cost you the most bank.

Traction will be a big concern for 11's.
Strengthening the bottom end.
Half shafts.

Also with larger engines.. I prefer Centri S/C's. We don't need MORE bottom end at launch to just spin the tires more so I really don't like the roots/twin screws for this reason. Centri's like the procharger kit build boost a bit slower and hit BIGGER at top end where its needed. This is also good since its gentle on the drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Give them about a year and the code should be broken and 13 S/C kits should be released.
A friggin' year??? Shoot, before you know it, '15s will be hitting showroom floors! Challys and Chargers w/ the new s/c'd Hellcat for goodness sake. By then it'd be moot point. What's taking so dang long?!! :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts