Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, are any of you going to be driving your SRT-8 in winter weather conditions? My guess would be no, but I wish I could video tape it if any of you were going to try :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
My SRT-8 will be my daily commuter.
The road conditions here in So.Cali arent that bad during the winter months. I would hate to do it in the snow!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will drive mine in the rain and snow.

then my kids will get in the back seat with dirty shoes.

cars are meant to be driven.

will get a set of snow tires for it as well.

dr dave
2002 e55 on the way out
2006 srt on order

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Why buy an AWD SRT-8 otherwise?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I will be driving mine all year as well ... winter tires it will see ... 12-16" snow storms it will see as well ....

You guys have to remember, Mercedes, BMW ... etc... etc.. all had rear wheel drive vehicles in their climate... that's why they have first rate electronic stability control programs ..... add some good winter tires, you would be really surprised where your 4,000 lb sled will bring you ....

I'm with drdave on that one ... cars are meant to be driven ..... I plan on driving it ....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Redman...

if AWD was an option, I would give it a serious look. that would be great to have a 425 hp awd sedan.

on the other hand, I've driven v8 powered rear wheel drive cars for years and never had problems.

currently driving the e55 with mich snow tires. the car is a tank in the snow.

I see the pirelli snow and ice is available in the 275/40-20...perfect

dr dave

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drive my C in the snow now, and have very little problems because of the ESP. The reason why I asked the question was that I thought the ESP on the SRT would be either toned down or eliminated completely due to the fact that it was supposed to be specifically a performance sedan. That being said, without ESP the car would be a bear to handle even with snow tires. Now if an AWD version existed that is probably what I would opt for if I was in a snowbelt

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
I drive my C in the snow now, and have very little problems because of the ESP. The reason why I asked the question was that I thought the ESP on the SRT would be either toned down or eliminated completely due to the fact that it was supposed to be specifically a performance sedan. That being said, without ESP the car would be a bear to handle even with snow tires. Now if an AWD version existed that is probably what I would opt for if I was in a snowbelt
Good point - they will be raising the limits on the ESP in the SRT-8.
Might indeed make for some more hair-raising driving experiences. :p
Personally, I think the AWD option will have two advantages:
1. In dry - it will get all of the hp down onto the road.
2. In wet, will outhandle and outdrive anything (A8s) on the road.
2.5 In snow, hey - its a jeep! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Everyone,

This is a bit off topic, but was wondering if any of you knew how the "Auto Stick" is going to work. I spent a week in a 300 V6 rental and was totally disappointed with the "shift to low or "1", move the selector up one notch and then have the trans quickly upshift to 2,3,4 experience. (Even so, that rental experience convinced me to order a silver car on Jan 24th! YeeeHAH!)

I'm currently driving a 5 series BMW that I have adapted the SMG steering wheel so I can use the paddle shifters, and find that it's a whole different driving experience.

The early photos of the Detroit show car still show the standard shifter gate. Any ideas how this thing is supposed to work? It's apparently modeled after the E500 trans, but built here in the US with a remapped program for the SRT8.

Wonderingly....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Paddles on the steering wheel would be sweet (a la Porsche, no?)!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts