Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just test drove the 2008 lexus IS-F sedan . Well if you are looking for serenity and a numb like feel , than this car is NOT for you !
Quite the opposite , the road noise is a little high , the engine noise is thunderous and the interior quality is not up to the cadillac CTS quality .
However , if you want a perfect balance of tautness, and refinement on road surfaces , handling way above average , plus a chasis that is significantly stiffer than our beloved 300 's , than this car is for YOU !!!
Oh and the IS-F is very fast with a throaty V-8 muscle sound that comes to life very quickly. The eight speed transmission is very precise and very fast to up and down shifts , unlike the SRT-8 and hits the 1/4 mile in 12.8 seconds at 114 MPH trap speed . Impressed , you bet !
Anybody try this car out ? what are you impressions ?
B D HEMI

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the IS-F, it's a good blend of M3 level performance with toyota dependability. But at almost 60K the price is out of my range right now, and lexus won't be offer any deals i'm sure.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$65000.00 base canadian $68500.00 fully loaded canadian . I think they are offering the is-f at $49,900.00 US base . But I was looking at the mustang gt-500 cobra which listed for $54000.00 but could not get one less than $70,000.00 k canadian because of dealer's mark up (rip off) !
Plus I am willing to bet anyone that chrysler will do the same thing with the challanger when the 6.4 hemi (500 HP) engine comes out !
So overall quality plus great service from lexus will win my vote . B D HEMI

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I would NEVER get this car when the new C63 is out... WOW I love that car. I sat in this one, and I am not liking it. Lil small for me, especially when compared to the C class which surpriseingly has more room

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I would NEVER get this car when the new C63 is out... WOW I love that car. I sat in this one, and I am not liking it. Lil small for me, especially when compared to the C class which surpriseingly has more room
amen to that!!

unless SRT has some game planned for when my lease is up in 2010, im on C63. maybe even before then.....

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
$65000.00 base canadian $68500.00 fully loaded canadian . I think they are offering the is-f at $49,900.00 US base . But I was looking at the mustang gt-500 cobra which listed for $54000.00 but could not get one less than $70,000.00 k canadian because of dealer's mark up (rip off) !
Plus I am willing to bet anyone that chrysler will do the same thing with the challanger when the 6.4 hemi (500 HP) engine comes out !
So overall quality plus great service from lexus will win my vote . B D HEMI
The IS-F is 60k + here in the US, doubt one can be had for less than that.

As awesome as it is, it does not have a "look" about it envokes passion. The driving experience I'm sure is great...but it doesn't have it all for that price group.

Eric

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think for $60-70k I would rather have the CTS-V or if I could do without a decent back seat I would take the new GTR which I think is a performance bargain!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I think for $60-70k I would rather have the CTS-V or if I could do without a decent back seat I would take the new GTR which I think is a performance bargain!
you wont be able to get that GTR for anything less than i bet 90K for the first couple years, maybe longer.

if ford can keep marking up the GT500, the GTR(which can kick its a**) will be way over the msrp

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much will the C63 be ?
My only problem with mercedes is twofold: they refuse to lower their prices in canada to closely match the US pricing , just like BMW (Arrogance)
And mercedes charges you up the wazoo for maintaining their vehicles .
Lexus is very reasonable in their maintenances charges and their cars have been extremely reliable , which is something mercedes and bmw cannot say too loudly !
So if I am going to spend big bucks on a car at least I want something that is very reliable and I don't want to spending HUGE dollars to maintain it .
Just my three cents worth !
B D HEMI

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi Everyone!! :)

I really like the IS and especially like the IS-F. Trouble is - like most performance cars - I just don't FIT. The sport seats in the IS-F [And other cars like it] are made for someone smaller [Or should I say, 'narrower'] than me. This is just one of the reasons I love my SRT8. Not only is my 300C a big car [Or at least seems big - because in fact - it's almost exactly the same length as my LS400 and shorter than many other 'large cars' such as the Taurus and others] it's MADE for a BIG GUY!! The seats - although 'snug' - fit me like a glove. And even with a sunroof ['moonroof'?] I still have plenty of headroom. [And I'm 6'3" tall] The 300C SRT8 won my heart the moment I first sat in one. It's fast AND 'big guy' comfortable.

Craig!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts