Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: It seems as though when ever I buy BP regular gas, it makes my HEMI drive weird. Kind of like a stutter when cruising. Maybe a misfire. I had to take it in for misfires awhile back. Oddly enough, it was after I filled up with BP gas!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
:mad: It seems as though when ever I buy BP regular gas, it makes my HEMI drive weird. Kind of like a stutter when cruising. Maybe a misfire. I had to take it in for misfires awhile back. Oddly enough, it was after I filled up with BP gas!
Maybe because you use regular instead of midgrade? Hemi requires mid grade.
I use nothing but BP and never have any problems.
I use premium with the flashpaq.
Gary

·
Registered
771 Posts
I run 89 octane in the Charger R/T and 93 octane in the SRT8 and they seem to love it. I get really good perfomance with BP gasoline.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might be the case.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
We don't have BP stations where I live, but on my road trip to South Dakota last fall I filled up several times at BP stations and didn't have any problems. I run premium since I have the flashpaq and am running the 91 octane performance tune.

You may well have gotten some contaminated gas (if the storage tank was nearly empty you could have gotten some water in your gas, or if you filled up while the tanker truck was filling the storage tank, that can stir up all kinds of junk that can end up in your gas tank). I doubt it's the brand of gas though.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I run Speedway regular with no problems. BP always seems to be the most expensive in town and smells like kerosene. Shell and Marathon would be my choice with out regard to price!

·
Registered
408 Posts
BP 89 octane works really well in my Hemi. I try to buy this gas whenever possible. ALso Shell and Sunoco 89 seems to work well for me, maybe its just personal preferences.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Yep, they're not happy with 87. They want at least 89, and the preferred is 91.
actually according to the owner's manual, 89 is the preferred grade for the 5.7 (unless you have a flashpaq or diablo tuner). It even goes so far as to say 91 octane could result in lower performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BP down under

SRT8 in Australia, are sold with the dealers stating that we must run 98. standard unleaded in Australia is 91, premium is 95, and 98 being the best fuel we can buy.
BP Ultimate 98 is by far the best fuel I have run. but at $1.65 a ltr it is becomming expensive, lucky my SRT8 is a company vehicle and they pay for everything!:biggrin:

·
Registered
787 Posts
BP premium 93 octane

I have no knock retard when using BP premium, 93 octane, at the track. Verified this with 2 different trips to track on BP.

This 1st picture is BP ..the 2nd is Mobil/Exxon premium..both rate at 93 octane.

BP

Mobil

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Between BP, Marathon and there is one more I cant remember they have the highest Engine Octane Number (EON) which is why you see the difference when compared to other fuels. I have use Chevron, Shell, Raceway, Racetrack, Sunoco, Wawa, Exxon and a couple other discount fuel companies in my SRT. I used them all for one month and calculated my MPG under the same driving style and the BP performed the best even when I hoped it would not because it costs the most. BP 89 was the only 89 octane fuel I could use with ACES IV in my SRT with no knock. I for one am sold on BP based on my not so scientific results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts