Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i know this is a dumb question but is it possiable to burn out with an awd v6 300???? thanks for the help!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't think it's possible. I don't think a burn out is possible even with the 5.7, atleast not under normal circumstances. If you somehow could mod it with an extreme amout of power, you would probably just break something rather than do a good burnout. Something about the fixed ratio system that makes it really difficult. But I'm by no means an expert.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
No.... There are RWD 300C's (mine burns out too often).

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
you cant light up the tires in a 300c?

are we talkin about just holding the brake, slamming the gas, and having some white smoke fun? or at a stop light, stomping on the gas and laying a strip while pulling away? im sure a 300C could smoke the tires well with ESP turned of, lightning them up from a stop light would need it off too, but they really cant leave at least a small strip? that doesnt seem right.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Its possible with at least the 5.7 AWD 300C. Turn off esp and it will work. Just dont recomend it because its REALLY hard on things.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Hard on the differential would be an understatement!

I bet those AWD's lay down some wicked 60' times at the strip though!

And FWIW from a dead stop (ESP on) mash the throttle to the pavement on my 300c and it does indeed turn the tires over on dry pavement.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i know i just turn off ESP on my 06 RWD 300c and i smoke up! i would not recommend burn outs on AWD. just too much stress on the drivetrain system

·
Registered
622 Posts
I remember the TV commercial of the Dodge Stealth R/T doing an all wheel burn out!

MAybe if we had a manual trans you could drop the clutch at high RPM and do an all wheel burnout.

Hey, Why don't you try to do a neutral dump into drive at high RPM on slick black top. I bet your AWD would slide all over that!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
FYI only, not a suggestion or recommendation

hey guys i know this is a dumb question but is it possiable to burn out with an awd v6 300???? thanks for the help!
With my current mods, 15 degrees, dry pavement, stock tires, yes. The AWD will break the back free and I can roast to my hearts content. With careful control of the throttle the backs will hook back up with no problems. If I get carried away I get put in limp mode jail but a key cycle cures that.

Under a little more extreme conditions as in a light dusting of frost that I couldn't see I can actually break the back end loose while power braking. The TCM, tranny, and transfer case REALLY don't like that though. It happened by accident once and will never happen again, I'll make sure.

I am not suggesting that you try, but if you were to roll through the water area at your local track and punch it, even with a V6 you may be able to break the back end loose. If your AWD acts anything like mine, the fronts will keep pulling you down the road even though the backs are spinning, so be prepared to go past the start line if you try this at the track. On second thought, maybe a 5 gallon can of water and an abandoned road would be a better way to try for the first time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts