Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to get this kind of 300
right now my 300 is just a base and I am now looking to get into the semi big boys club with the C, and so far I havent seen the kind that I like.
The C that I want and I dont see around :

1) Doesn't have all of that chrome trim on the bumpers, door handles, sides and the side mirrors. (My base 300 has the same color as its body for the side mirrors!)

2) My 300 has a squishy steering wheel which I personally like but I havent seen one that has the buttons on them. They all seem to have the wooden thing or that slippery leather which I dont want on my C.

Would I be better off having buttons installed in my steering wheel and a 5.7 put in my car? or is It possible to get what I want in a C? Would I have to have to do one of those things where you make your own car from the website?
Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I think most, if not all C's come with the chrome package and steering wheel with the woodgrain. SRT8's have the body colored molding. Could you order a C that way? I doubt it, but it couldn't hurt to ask. Which is cheaper, adding a 5.7 to your car or just buying one? I have no idea, but if it was me, I would just buy one.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I LOVE the SRT and all but it doesnt have the MDS that I hear saves gas because it shifts down to a smaller engine size if you don't need all that power, thats another big reason I like the C over the SRT8...

·
Registered
566 Posts
I LOVE the SRT and all but it doesnt have the MDS that I hear saves gas because it shifts down to a smaller engine size if you don't need all that power, thats another big reason I like the C over the SRT8...
The SRT design is the SRT8 without the 6.1L.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Me thinks ou are mistaken

I believe he meant the SRT Design Group series. That has the MDS and same color mirrors along with 20" rims. I have one. This type of 300 has a 5.7 tweaked to 350 hp. It is the closet thing you will find that you are looking for without going to the full blown SRT 6.1.

Comes with Faux carbon fiber trim - so no woodgrain.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
yup, SRT design group pretty much fits your description, the other members are right. it has a look close the the SRT8s, but without the engine and suspension work done. wheels are similar 20" models, it loses most of the chrome. the wheel i dont know about tho...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts