Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is It Possible To Remove the Governor on the 300C? I am aware that this would cause for aftermarket Z rated Tires!!! And i'm all for that to!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Titainius said:
Is It Possible To Remove the Governor on the 300C? I am aware that this would cause for aftermarket Z rated Tires!!! And i'm all for that to!
Not yet...hopefully a future "Super Chip Type Programmer"
will help in this area,and a few more

·
Registered
593 Posts
California did it...Minnesota did it...Let's see, first "Jesse the Brain", then Arnold (that one stands on it's own, no modifiers needed!)...who's Wisconsin trying to elect? Stalone? Bruce Willis?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Titainius said:
i thought the car had a top speed of 170+ . how much faster do you have to go lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is the SRT-8 300 that tops out at 174! The 300 C tops out speed at 125 and i'll tell ya it doesn't take much to get there, I figure its built into the computer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You cant possibly be that late for an appointment now can you....LoL. Enjoy the ride until the "super chiP comes of age. Or sorry to tel ya upgrade to the SRT8. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
EndersGame said:
My 2006 300C doesnt seem to have that limiter.. I dont know why...
Are you someplace other than the United States or Canada? U.S. 300c's are limited and I'm pretty sure the ones sold in Canada are as well.

However, I think it's actually 129 mph, not 125; when mine tops out the speedometer is right on the low side of 130, and at that speed I have not played with the EVIC to see what the digital speed shows or had a GPS along, but it definitely pulls strong right to that point, then just stops gaining speed. You can tell there is a LOT left if only the computer allowed it. I would guess that 150+ would be VERY realistic.

I don't care about the governer though; I'm more interested in the upcoming superchips programmer if it truly has the ability (as apparently it does for the Hemi Trucks) of substantially firming up the shifts and allowing more "manual" control of the automatic in "autostick mode". To me the power in my 300C is not lacking, but the tranny could use some "tuning" for spirited driving situations.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in Texas and purchased a 2006 300C.. I was in that special diag screen (ie the music note and compas for 10 seconds" and was reading my MPH that way, I got to 140 with lots of pedal and rpm to spare (was only at 3,000 rpm) but i eased off the pedal as the stock contis are not rated for anything faster...

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
EndersGame said:
I live in Texas and purchased a 2006 300C.. I was in that special diag screen (ie the music note and compas for 10 seconds" and was reading my MPH that way, I got to 140 with lots of pedal and rpm to spare (was only at 3,000 rpm) but i eased off the pedal as the stock contis are not rated for anything faster...
I think you must have had it reading Kph somehow - - because A U.S. 300C definitely won't go 140, it IS governed at just under 130. You can tell though that the car would go a lot faster if allowed to; it doesn't feel like it's topped out or anything when it hits the governor.

·
Registered
196 Posts
from what i have heard threw the DC National Training Center at our building.. The 300C'c are governed off at 135mph, and the SRT-8's are governed off at 145mph. Also from what they tell us the 5.7L is capable of 165mph to almost 170mph, and the SRT-8's is capable of 185mph range.. They both can dance at high speeds.. but where you notice the difference in the 5.7 and 6.1 is off the line and punch while rolling at 30mph to 45mph..

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
SERBS_HEMI_C said:
from what i have heard threw the DC National Training Center at our building.. The 300C'c are governed off at 135mph, and the SRT-8's are governed off at 145mph. Also from what they tell us the 5.7L is capable of 165mph to almost 170mph, and the SRT-8's is capable of 185mph range.. They both can dance at high speeds.. but where you notice the difference in the 5.7 and 6.1 is off the line and punch while rolling at 30mph to 45mph..
From what I gather here, I don't believe the SRT is governed. The 300C is either 126 or 128. My evic shows 126, so I changed my signature from the previous 128 all day.

I wish 135, tired of 1.5 liter cars passing me!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Serbs, Id suggest finding a different water cooler:) Cars are goverened at a few miles below the OEM tires rated speed. So a car with tires good for 130 are usually set about 128-127. The only LX body cars with limiters in the 145 range are Chargers with the Road and Track performance package,Daytonas, and police cars, since those three come with tires with a 150mph rating.

SRTs come with tires rated for 186, so evidently they dont have a limiter since the car, without a hefty power boost , cannot acheive those speeds. The only number SRT has put out was a 165, but at least one, maybe two magazines have mentioned a 173 number, as a drag limit.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I'm too lazy to look myself, but does anyone know what the Goodyear ComforTreds are rated at? My 06 came with those, not Conti's. I haven't pushed mine past 110, so I don't know for sure what it's governed at, but your all making me curious.

·
Registered
120 Posts
CUEBALL said:
From what I gather here, I don't believe the SRT is governed. The 300C is either 126 or 128. My evic shows 126, so I changed my signature from the previous 128 all day.I wish 135, tired of 1.5 liter cars passing me!
I hit the soft limit (thankfully not the 'jeeze I just hit a deer' limiter older Ford Rangers had in them!) at 126. Smooth as (Bleep) ! I am still stunned at how completely stable and solid this car felt at that speed. Rice burners passing a 300C! Gads! :sad2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts