Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok proud new owner of an 06 300 srt8. Pics to come. But my question is, is a Diablo Trinity worth the money???? Weekend racer daily driver. Please any help with this will be greatly appreciated.:beerchug:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ok proud new owner of an 06 300 srt8. Pics to come. But my question is, is a Diablo Trinity worth the money???? Weekend racer daily driver. Please any help with this will be greatly appreciated.:beerchug:
Seems like overkill..... Just go with an intune.
Well worth it then.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Your choice...intune or a trinity, both great units, same tunes, trinity just has more 'bits' like timers etc... if you want the bells and whistles it's very worth it! If not then intune is where to go!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
If you'd like to watch the readouts on what the engine is doing, or customize some to your liking, then the Trinity is for you.

If you want the same tunes, don't necessarily need the additional gauge package and just want to bump performance, the InTune is for you.

For me, I just want the tunes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much to all that chimed in. I'm glad to see decent people with grownup responses. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I bought the Predator. Same tunes and I used the rest of the $$$ for other mods.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for all the input. Just ordered a new In-tune. Now the next question is who or where can you get different tunes for it. Or if someone has a link or email to someone who could help with this. Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks again for all the input. Just ordered a new In-tune. Now the next question is who or where can you get different tunes for it. Or if someone has a link or email to someone who could help with this. Thanks again for all the help.
It comes preloaded with several canned tunes. Most everyone here runs the 91 Octane (CAI if equipped) tune while running 93 Octane fuel.

When you are ready, you can send in your specs/readout and have a custom tune made for your car.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
You will love the intune. Easy, friendly and will wake up your SRT

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA

·
Registered
204 Posts
If your buying the intune to "wake up" the beast, then you may want to consider first installing a CAI.
Just my opinion
1- install CAI
2- Install a Jet 180 T-stat
3- load the intune 91 octane CAI tune
4- use the intune to lower your fan settings
5- install an Oil Catch Can

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Hmm good advice, as I was also on the fence about either one. When the time comes for a custom tune will a inTune do data logging for an email tune?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Don't forget your Corsa exhaust before your intune.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Hahahahahaha! You guys are funny!

Question...'Which tuner should I buy?' ($300-$500)

Answer....Here's a shopping list! ($1500-$1800)

Hahahaha...can you tell we are enthusiasts?!

Personally I'd get a tuner first, it does something other than sound. Intakes make your car sound astounding and if you choose right will grab you a few more ponies, but they aren't winning awards! After tuner a Tstat imo is a must, it will help you retain hp as temps climb over 195 at which point our kr inducing motors start to rob hp by pulling timing, as others noted, changing fan temps to match will keep your gal happy. If funds allow look too a hammer design or frankentake from LMI or an afe2 intake for extra sound and a couple of ponies. However your stock airbox is ample 'for now' if you don't want the investment, same with exhaust. Good luck and happy modding!

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
The exhaust especially the Corsa is a great add before the tune or you will need to retune it after.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The exhaust especially the Corsa is a great add before the tune or you will need to retune it after.
I'm still yet to pick up an InTune or Trinity. I have a '07 SRT8 and I put on the CAI and the CORSA Cat-Back within the first month or so of buying the car in 2007. Those two mods alone made the car soooooo much more fun and obviously a seat of the pants increase in power as well as the cool factor of that amazing sounding exhaust with a CAI.

I think my hesitation is this. My car is my only car. My daily driver. I want the car to last as long as possible, I'm only at 70,000 miles in 7 years.

The car is as stable as can be, I've never spun it out on a wet road turn, or anything like that. I'm aware the traction control reacts to the YAW so when you start to go sideways it corrects it for you by braking, timing, or something I'm not completely sure.

I'm concerned about the InTune mod affecting the stability because I do not like to step out the rear end much, just a bit. I hear it greatly reduces the amount of stability control. I'm also concerned about the life of the transmission with harder shifts over time, etc.

BUT I DO WANT MORE POWER....... :)

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Before a custom dyno or email tune yes...Before a canned tune... not true. The canned tunes from a trinity or intune do not need any adapting after an exhaust or cai install other than a few miles driving to let the tables adjust.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I'm still yet to pick up an InTune or Trinity. I have a '07 SRT8 and I put on the CAI and the CORSA Cat-Back within the first month or so of buying the car in 2007. Those two mods alone made the car soooooo much more fun and obviously a seat of the pants increase in power as well as the cool factor of that amazing sounding exhaust with a CAI.

I think my hesitation is this. My car is my only car. My daily driver. I want the car to last as long as possible, I'm only at 70,000 miles in 7 years.

The car is as stable as can be, I've never spun it out on a wet road turn, or anything like that. I'm aware the traction control reacts to the YAW so when you start to go sideways it corrects it for you by braking, timing, or something I'm not completely sure.

I'm concerned about the InTune mod affecting the stability because I do not like to step out the rear end much, just a bit. I hear it greatly reduces the amount of stability control. I'm also concerned about the life of the transmission with harder shifts over time, etc.

BUT I DO WANT MORE POWER....... :)
Any tune will not affect stability control unless you ask it to.... the only thing a canned tune reduces is torque management. There is more inaccurate info on this thread than you can shake a stick at!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts