Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday I went by my local Chrysler dealership to buy some Silver Steel Metallic paint (code: PA4) so I can start to paint holes filled on trunk lid, grille fabrication, etc. They told me they don't have the code number or paint yet.

Is the Silver Steel Metallic a new color for 2006 only or was the SSM 300 color , first introduced in 2005? They told me I may have to wait a bit for Chrysler to get them the paint, even the small touch up tubes as well as quarts, etc. not available.

Are they wrong, can someone please help. I thought the SSM was already on the Sebrings.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
It is an '06 color but is available at a paint supplier, try finding a color and body shop supply house. They will mix it for you.

FreebirdSRT said:
On Friday I went by my local Chrysler dealership to buy some Silver Steel Metallic paint (code: PA4) so I can start to paint holes filled on trunk lid, grille fabrication, etc. They told me they don't have the code number or paint yet.

Is the Silver Steel Metallic a new color for 2006 only or was the SSM 300 color , first introduced in 2005? They told me I may have to wait a bit for Chrysler to get them the paint, even the small touch up tubes as well as quarts, etc. not available.

Are they wrong, can someone please help. I thought the SSM was already on the Sebrings.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aspendog said:
It is an '06 color but is available at a paint supplier, try finding a color and body shop supply house. They will mix it for you.
Thanks James, I am good friends with the Houston area PPG paint sales rep. I will give him a call and have him mix me a batch, he even delivers it to my paint/body guy. I just wanted to see if DCX was stocking it yet.

To answer the second reply, I went out again and checked my driver door.
pnt: PA4 is what the code said.

Will someone with a Silver Steel color check there code in there door as well please?

I

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here is a couple of pics of my sticker, from the inside of my driver door. I went to www.paintscratch.com site and it did indeed say AA/DA4 for Silver Steel Metallic paint. Wuz up with that?

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
70GT6 said:
Maybe just a typo...
I figured as much, I will call paintscratch on Monday to see if theres is a typo.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aspendog said:
P=Chrysler (don't ask me why?)
D= Dodge

Same color you don't need the first letter in the DCX codes...

Thanks James and Lukeinator. I was going to Dodge today anyway, to pick up my hood lights. I will pick up some SSM while I am there. That is why I love the forums. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts