Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this might be a home job.. just sprayed with tinting spray... but I am not sure.

If it is.. any chance some black rear tails will be available for purchase... hello Hella??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.. I really wanna black out the tails.. but I would really much rather buy a replacement housing like I did for my Jetta.. a nice crystal smoked tail light.. this way I will have my stock lights still. I hope something comes out by the time I get my car.. so I dont need to paint my stock tails.

thanks for that link... I will probably use him if worse comes to worse.! cheers!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wanna know why the C in that picture sits so perfect on those 22's. He must have clipped the rear Eibach springs.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
503 - several people got the correct seating on the rear by having the rear end tightened and aligned while the rear is on the ground. When the car is in the air and tighted, the car sits higher. (I have to add though this is what I have learned from these forums though and not from my own experience.) those of you that actually did this feel free to add or tell me I'm a kewk!)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah we have already done the loosen sit and tighten thing, came down about another 3/4 but still sits high..I have a message into Blaine at Eibach and hopefully he will shed some light on this.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
503 motoring said:
Yeah we have already done the loosen sit and tighten thing, came down about another 3/4 but still sits high..I have a message into Blaine at Eibach and hopefully he will shed some light on this.
It is quite possible they cut the springs or there could be a few sand bags in the trunk for the pic....

·
Registered
283 Posts
To reply to the tinted taillight question:

Tinting is done with a "smoke" spray, and depending on how many coat you are willing to put on, the daker the tint will be. Tininting spray cans are available from any local hobby store. Testors has a "Clear Smoke" spray and Tamiya has a "Liquid Smoke" line. Both tinting sprays will dry flat so you will also need a can of gloss clear coat to make it shiny.

You can always disassemble the taillight and spray from the inside, but it is often too difficult and does not yeild the sme results, due to intenral plastic ridges.

Hope this helps.

-Paul

·
Registered
426 Posts
503 motoring said:
Can any one tell me precisely what needs to be loosened and tightened. The rear of mine, with Eibachs, seems a little high. If it can take care of it myself, that is always my preference. Obviously the alignment is a different story. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Basically this is from Blaine at Eibach. He stated that the vehicle needs to be put up on a rack and have all the PIVOT POINTS and the SWAY BAR mounts loosened all loosey goosey like and then drop the car down so that all of the weight is sitting on the springs, then he said to work the back end up and down to get the rear to settle a bit more and then drive it up on an alignment rack. Lift the rack NOT THE CAR and retighten everything and align. This should take care of the problem. Unfortunately we have done this twice with ours and still sits high, 1 1/2 inches to high to be exact. We measured from the very bottom of the OEM wheel lip to the bottom of the fender through the center of the wheel and ours was 27" Blain stated that it needed to be around 25" or so. I am stumped but looking into it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts