Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed 57 LED reverse lights(looks really nice)...installed LED rear blinker lights and it flashes much faster then before. any reason why? the rears I got in super white anyone have any problems with the law? since there not amber anymore.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Installed 57 LED reverse lights(looks really nice)...installed LED rear blinker lights and it flashes much faster then before. any reason why? the rears I got in super white anyone have any problems with the law? since there not amber anymore.
Depends on your state. The norm is White light to the front and red to the rear. I dont think youll have a problem keep the old ones around in case you do get stopped!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fast flashing means a bulb is burnt out either front or rear, this is by design Putting in LED's makes a incorrect amp draw load on the flasher circuit causing fast flash to happen , system thinks a bulb is out. Contact the led manufacturer for a load balanceing resister.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the bulbs work.......and I dont mind the fast flashing but can this cause any problems in the long run? do i need "load balanceing resister"

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got through reading a 28 page thread....If I am not mistaken replacing both the front & rear turn signals with LEDs calls for (1) 3 ohm per side (L&R) This should stop the fast blinking. Is it going to be a problem if I don't install the 3 ohm resistor?

Thanks guys for any help.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
The fast flashing won't cause any problems really. They'll just be really, really annoying. Get the resistors. You can pick em up on ebay. (I got mine from there for my old Mark VIII)

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I too put LED blinkers in front and rear. I chose to put the 6ohm resistors on each corner. Here's where I got them. Carefull where you put them because they do get extremely hot when the blinkers are on.
LED Flashers Blinkers Resistors Load Equalizers for Turn Signal Replacement Bulbs Rapid Flashing Fix
This company is great by the way. I've ordered quite a bit of stuff and they are very helpfull.
As far as the white blinkers I can imaging you'll get messed with at some point. I put red ones in the rear to match my mirrors and ambers up front. I did however have another strange problem. Autolumination has numerous styles of 3157s that fit up front. I chose the 27 bulb lights and when the parking lights were off and I turned the blinkers on all the parking lights on the car flashed. They were grounding out the parking light circuit. Called up Autolumination and they swapped them out for the 30 bulb lights and no problems at all.
Any ?'s feel free to PM me....

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Is it going to be a problem if I don't install the 3 ohm resistor?
This is just an opinion, MKR, worth no more than what it's going to cost you. Whenever I see a car with the fast-flash signal lights, I can't help but think, "If he didn't know what he was doing, why didn't he get someone to help him pick out the right replacement bulb." It's just wrong, and you don't want someone thinking that about your car, do you?

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Fast flashing means a bulb is burnt out either front or rear, this is by design Putting in LED's makes a incorrect amp draw load on the flasher circuit causing fast flash to happen , system thinks a bulb is out. Contact the led manufacturer for a load balanceing resister.
Excellent info!! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info...but i have one more "?" am i better off getting (2) 3ohm res or (4) 6ohm res?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts