Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped off my stock wheels at Wheel Refinisher in Annapolis to have the pockets painted black.

So I drove up to Annapolis (From Leesburg) to pick up the wheels yesterday and have them reinstalled.

I washed the car today and brake dust was not the only thing that came off the wheels.

They offered to redo them, but it is a 3 hour drive round trip. I don't want to waste another 3 hours and possible have the same issues....

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I'd try to get my money back as well and let them know about the time you've already wasted. Those wheels from that pic were not prepped for paint at all.How did you pay?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd try to get my money back as well and let them know about the time you've already wasted. Those wheels from that pic were not prepped for paint at all.How did you pay?
AMEX

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I'd inform both that your canceling payment due to poor performance of suitable service. Theses wheels were not properly done.They would not have that gloss under the apparent spray enamel they used. They coating on those wheels should have been removed or scuffed to accept either a good 2k or self etching primer first. Looks like they used a friggin spray can. I would not allow them to correct it unless they A-give a guarantied the work for a pre-specified time. B-compensated for lost time.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Thoseare powder cated then the faces are machined. Paul I have some that will do it in Sterling/Dulles, they ship them to there factory in Pa.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
CRhemi has the proper pic of how it should look. That web site looks like a kid made it. Broken wheel-Fixed wheel. Hell I can but a new one, post it and say I fixed it. Follow up with cr on this one. At at least someone more like that

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CRhemi has the proper pic of how it should look. That web site looks like a kid made it. Broken wheel-Fixed wheel. Hell I can but a new one, post it and say I fixed it. Follow up with cr on this one. At at least someone more like that

CRHemi gave me the place but they are closed on weekends. I will be poping out there on Monday.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really appreciate everyone's input!!!!

I dropped them off at Keystone Auto in Sterling, VA this AM. They can do the Machine Finish and Power coating. They said 3-4 days. They have a video of there process on there website.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Good luck with this one. I think you'll be pleased.Post a pic when they're on

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If needed, would anyone be willing to talk to AMEX to help support my case? If so can you PM me your contact info?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts