Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler has been so tight lipped about this upcoming refresh. 300's sales are slipping alot worldwide their really has not been a visual change since 2010 when the 11's came out its time. Sales are declining rapidly Now I love my 2012 but its time for a visual refresh of some sorts. The charger is getting totally refreshed and the challenger. By Thursday everyone will be like oooooh ahhhh on the refresh. I know the 300 will only change slightly but I hope with the declining sales Chrysler adds some spice to the look not just the internals.

Here is what is known for the 2015
New updated 5.7 Hemi (10 to 20 hp increase)
8speed trans across the board
late diesel availability maybe pushed back to 2016
7 inch tft speedo ala JGC
rotary shifter ala 200 and ram (about damn time i hate the electronic shifter lol)
new colors.

Please everyone tell me do you believe the 300 needs some spice to it, ( I love my 2012 but i want an update im getting the itch)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Im afraid that if Chrysler does "spice" up the 300 it will become just another me too car. The 200 was completely redesigned and while it finally looks like it can compete with all the other mid sizers, it now also looks just like all the rest of them. So far Chrysler has kept the 300's and Chargers unique and I would hate to see that change. I love the bad boy / luxury combo and Im totally happy with my 300. If anything, they need to take 600lb out of the car and add the 8spd tranyy to the Hemi. It would also help sales if they spent some advertising $$ on these LX cars once in a while. Other than us MOPAR nuts, too many people get their only experience from a rental. Im always amazed how many folks seem to know nothing at all about Chrysler cars - only trucks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im afraid that if Chrysler does "spice" up the 300 it will become just another me too car. The 200 was completely redesigned and while it finally looks like it can compete with all the other mid sizers, it now also looks just like all the rest of them. So far Chrysler has kept the 300's and Chargers unique and I would hate to see that change. I love the bad boy / luxury combo and Im totally happy with my 300. If anything, they need to take 600lb out of the car and add the 8spd tranyy to the Hemi. It would also help sales if they spent some advertising $$ on these LX cars once in a while. Other than us MOPAR nuts, too many people get their only experience from a rental. Im always amazed how many folks seem to know nothing at all about Chrysler cars - only trucks.
If chrysler doesnt refresh the car I dont think we will have a car anymore sales are down more than 30% which is a large percentage. Unfortunately this design is 5 years old in auto years, thats a senior citizen. I love my 300 but its time for a refresh

·
Registered
332 Posts
Likely full size cars like the 300 are going to phase out over the next several years so I m betting they do "refresh" the 300 mechanically and a few more electronics but not change the body style much if at all which is ok by me.
If they retain the 300 model, Im guessing it will be more euro styled, slightly smaller on the outside and lighter weight. Gotta remember the Italians own the big C now and they have some very slick Euro designs (doesn't mean we'll like them) that compete with the German designs. I do hope they keep a muscle car look though.

·
Banned
294 Posts
Just a little bit of fun info.
In Italy it is law that if you are a high profile individual, you must drive a bullet proof vehicle. Look at what the CEO of Fiat/Chrysler drives.....in Italy.

(see 3/4 of the way through video)

Sergio Marchionne Resurrecting Chrysler - YouTube

I don't think the exterior design will change. I would hate for the 300 to start looking like every other car on the road.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just a little bit of fun info.
In Italy it is law that if you are a high profile individual, you must drive a bullet proof vehicle. Look at what the CEO of Fiat/Chrysler drives.....in Italy.

(see 3/4 of the way through video)

Sergio Marchionne Resurrecting Chrysler - YouTube

I don't think the exterior design will change. I would hate for the 300 to start looking like every other car on the road.
Here's the exact time in the video of you mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ppoyWNN7s&feature=player_detailpage#t=665

Reactions: Paradox

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 300 has character, that is what makes them stand out.
I agree 100% that why I own one and I got my chick to get one also but its time for a refresh or it will be phased out. As much character as it has, sales are down a whopping 38% to be exact from 2011 rates and a 26 percent drop from 2013 to 2014 at this rate the car will be phased out. The only reason Im saying its time for a refresh is that it will spark buyers and hopefully increase or at least stabilize sales but as of now the situation is a little bleak.

·
Banned
294 Posts
I agree 100% that why I own one and I got my chick to get one also but its time for a refresh or it will be phased out. As much character as it has, sales are down a whopping 38% to be exact from 2011 rates and a 26 percent drop from 2013 to 2014 at this rate the car will be phased out. The only reason Im saying its time for a refresh is that it will spark buyers and hopefully increase or at least stabilize sales but as of now the situation is a little bleak.
Ah don't be so pessimistic. The following is a quote from a Chrysler article. The 18% reference 2012 to 2013. Note...they have a plan.

"Chrysler 300 sales in the United States dropped by around 18% as part of a plan to move the model upscale; the base model with cloth seats was dropped (except for fleet sales), and buyers appear to have switched to the Dodge Charger instead. Charger sales rose by more than 300 sales fell; but sales only tell part of the story. 300 resale values rose, increasing profits on leases and helping 300 owners to get more value from their cars".

Besides, if the 300 is dropped, then we who own, will be even more "special". :nana:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well after seeing what they did to the charger, Please dont touch the 300 with those hands damn they ***ked up the charger.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I dunno [OP], my last two cars were a 90s boxy Mazda and a typical (albeit somewhat sporty-looking) Oldsmobile. Since you asked -- and speaking only for myself and not the 300's future position with Chrysler or potential buyers -- I'm exceptionally satisfied with all the plentiful "spice" of my 300S just as it is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has there been any news as to the 2015 300 and what will change as far as looks? I love my 300s and really dont think the 2015 Charger is all that bad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well after seeing what they did to the charger, Please dont touch the 300 with those hands damn they ***ked up the charger.
the sad part is my cousin showed me the new 2015 camry in red and holy shit the charger and camry look identical in the front end. Ill stick with my 05 hemi, theres no confusion on what car that is , the newer cars all look the same and its depressing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Im a big fan of the 1st and 2nd Gen Chryslers and Id hate to see a big change to a me-too design. And yeah, I kind of like the new Charger too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts