Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I realized that my hifonics amp was a POS trying to play with that all day n never being happy I sold the amp and my L7 and ive got about $600 to spend on some good sounding bass. I've got no problem buying off ebay or anywhere online, even something used if its nice. I'm a big fan of JL Audio, Phoenix Gold. even kicker, but what are some prices and amp/sub combos you would reccommend. Single sub is fine, dual sub works. 10's 12's 15's....whatever. I usually listen to rap but I like having a really clean bass. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have two 10W3 in a band pass box with a punch 360 in the car right now. HUGE bass, in fact too much and it takes up way to much of the trunk , the wife was not amused. I guess I had a miss communicition with my installer/friend. So the 300 is going back in Wednesday to get a new SMALLER CUSTOM box with one 10W6V2 and a JL 500.1 amp and some other goodies installed. That should be around your price range. I will let you know how it turns out and post some pictures for you.

Tim

·
Registered
252 Posts
i saw someone selling on ebay enclosures for 300's they fit a 10"speaker. they person mentiones JL but i am sure any 10 would fit. hope that helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
urbanchemist said:
i saw someone selling on ebay enclosures for 300's they fit a 10"speaker. they person mentiones JL but i am sure any 10 would fit. hope that helps
I thought I had seen a nice fiberglass encloser for the side of the truck, but for the life of me can not find it now.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yea id definatly be interested in space efficient enclousure for the trunk as well. I think James (aspendog from 22elite) said they were in the process of making a side sub enclousure for the trunk, but idk when that happening.

Im not a big fan of loud bass, or systems that take up space in the trunk anyhow (leave no room for my beer damnit), but id definatly like a nice like sub tucked away somewhere.
....searched ebay and cant find the auction anymore. can someone try and track down this guy?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats not what i was asking, i'd rather not spend stupid money on the fiberglass box, which I have seen on ebay. anyone running a single 10 or 12 with a vented box? or maybe even 2 10's? I've been looking at these combos:

Phoenix Gold Xenon 12d2, PG xenon 600 amp
MTX Thunder 9500 10", MTX Thunder801d
Orion P12d2, Orion 600d(Directed 750d)
Alpine Type-X 12, Alpine MRD-M605

any others? what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'll be running two JL 10WV2's in a sealed box in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know what I think. For big rap bass I think you'll want a ported enclosure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts