Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
and I have fallen madly in love!!!

Bought an '05 300c about a month ago. She has high mileage (118k) but runs like a top and looks showroom new inside and out. I love the look, feel and driveability of this car. Someone definitely babied this car. My last ride was an abysmal 1993 F250 7.3IDI diesel... I must say, this girl makes me feel like a new man...

The car came with a couple of minor problems... Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch had to be replaced, and I was able to get the dealer to flash the TCM up to date so I could take full advantage of the Predator. Predator tuner was my first investment, and is the only mod I have added so far (wow, what a difference!!). Next I plan some basics like CAI, 180 Thermostat and Catch Can... My goal is for the car to be a sleeper... stock and clean on the outside, reasonably quiet (I like the stock exhaust sound), murderously fast! I most likely will be working with Southern Hot Rod on a CMR tune once all the goodies are in hand.

I've been browsing this and other forums for a while, and this place seems to have a wealth of info and resources... Looking forward to working with all of you to make this car into the quiet beast I envision....

Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome y'all... I haven't had a decent V8 under my seat since the mid-90's when I owned a 1973 dodge dart swinger with the 5.2 liter 318 with a 900cfm carb on it... did headers and exhaust on that car and it was the sweetest ride I ever had (I got it in '95 with only 48k...) Hot Rod magazine subscriber for 20+ years, always loved the sound of a good V8 (my mom worked regularly at the timing line at the local dragstrip near Phoenix while 7 months pregnant with me!) Honestly, I haven't been this excited about a car in my life... I love having a "driver's car" again.

I have identified two minor problems recently... I have the issue with overfilling/topping off the tank causing an overrich/stall at idle/coast syndrome after a full fuel fillup. Out of warranty so my options are replace entire tank assembly, or simply stop short of filling the tank completely (and train myself out of a lifetime habit of "topping off"...) The latter is my current solution.

I also have steering wheel vibration from 61mph til about 79mph, always there, but I identified that it happened sometimes much more noticeably. It seems my stock wheel/Pirelli P6 combo is very sensitive to wheel balance... I have a rock/gravel driveway, and it only takes one good sized stone to get lodged in the tread and throw the wheel off balance. When my tires are clear of rocks, the vibration is there, but not so bad...

I plan to get the tires replaced soon, the rear tires seem to be shrinking quickly relative to the fronts (is something wrong with my car? ;-)

I am becoming more and more friendly and comfortable with the Predator. It was very helpful to be able to ID the Pressure sensor issue and clear the code P0520 that was disabling the MDS... That problem is now fixed via sensor replacement.

I will be hitting some of the other appropriate sections of the forum for some supporting opinions on the performance upgrade options I have researched. This forum is an awesome resource so far, thanks to all of you!!!

Scott aka Scooter

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the beautiful Mid-Ohio River Valley!

Are the tires wearing funny? Outside tread more than inside, etc.? When you have the tires balanced, be sure to get them "road force" and "speed" balanced. I'll bet that will take care of the vibration issue... never heard of a single stone pick-up causing a noticeable difference!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the beautiful Mid-Ohio River Valley!

Are the tires wearing funny? Outside tread more than inside, etc.? When you have the tires balanced, be sure to get them "road force" and "speed" balanced. I'll bet that will take care of the vibration issue... never heard of a single stone pick-up causing a noticeable difference!
Actually the tires are wearing quite evenly as individuals ;-) The backs seem to be disappearing rapidly as I get used to the car... All joking aside, the tires have worn very evenly, no cupping, no perceptible differencr between inside/outside wear. Vibration is tolerable, but annoying on long drives. I did have a large rock stuck in the front right tire lodged in one of the deep center grooves in my Pirelli P6 tires. On my daily short highway run to work the vibration was ridiculous. I removed the stone and had very little vibration on the way home...? It sometimes seems worse than other times, but it is always present from 65-80mph.... I will be investing in new tires soon, having a tough time making a decision on them, but I will have them road-force balanced for sure!

On a side note, threw in a Motorad 4127 thermostat today (176 degree), matched all the fan settings in the predator. She used to run avg. 203+degrees, I drove her rather spirited for 15 minutes and it hit a max of 186 degrees (84 degrees ambient today). The car now retains the extra pep that is present when the car is first driven in the morning! Very pleased.

Scooter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts