Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I've fancied a 300C for ages since first seeing one back in 2006-7 and thinking thats a style of car that stands out in a crowd.

Anyway in the past 6 weeks I've gone through 4 motors 2001 4.4 X5 then a 2002 CL55 AMG then a 2004 L322 Range Rover and now the 300C and now I have the 300C I'll settle with it for a while I reckon as It's motor I've always liked and now Iv'e driven it I love it.

I picked up the 2007 CRD last Tuesday night and like is always the case when I buy a motor I like a good deal so they always need a little work to bring them up to my standards Im a mechanic and I'm fortunate to have the workshop keys so I have access to the workshop and all it's equipment anytime I need also we have a sprayshop which over the years I've become fairly good at spraying which comes in handy too.

The first issue I had to sort was some body work imperfections, I was pleased with the overall condition but there where 5 little car park dings and 1 big ding in the N/S/F wing so I first addressed the dings with the paintless dent repair rods from the body shop and got them out no problem:

One of the worst dings before:

and after :

then there was the bad ding in the front wing

Before:

After I tried my best to reshape it with the paintless dent removal tools:

After I minted up the panel work I moved my attention to some lacquer peel on the front bumper:

So began by wet flatting it back to get rid of the step and make it perfectly smooth:

then masked it up to prime the areas that need painting:

All finished and re painted:

Next little job was to swap out the old tired Xenon bulbs for fresh 8000K ones,

Left one new brighter slightly bluer and right one old one:

Next I decided I would tint the rear lights, I've done it by a process of taking standard car lacquer and adding a small amount of black then applying coats till the desired effect is reached but with these I used the stock metallic black to tint them out so they have the same sparkle in the sun as the panels.

Masked up:

painted and back on the car:

I then fitted 21w LED fog light bulbs but then rewired them in the engine bay fuse box to run as DRL's so when the ignition is on there on like normal DRL's and as there 21w there not so bright they annoy other road uses basically there prefect I've carried out this little mod before on other cars as I like the idea of DRL's but I'm not a fan of the stick/bolt on type that rarely look OEM:

And finally I treated it to a machine polish, wash and wax:

JOB DONE (in 5 days)

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Welcome from South Eastern Pennsylvania and your car is looking good.

Reactions: dpbayly

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, as above saved yourself a few quid there. Wish i could be bothered to do some various bits to mine but' CBA. Gettin old,

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good Job, well done. I've never seen lacquer peel on a 300 before. Had it on a Toyota Supra and had to have the bonnet repainted completely as it just spread all over the panel. Pressure washing car wash didn't help.:doh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Job, well done. I've never seen lacquer peel on a 300 before. Had it on a Toyota Supra and had to have the bonnet repainted completely as it just spread all over the panel. Pressure washing car wash didn't help.:doh:

I'm sure the front bumper has had a flash over with paint in the past and I think it was just bad prep work that resulted in the lacquer peel, all rectified now

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Welcome from Michigan! :D
Post some close-ups of the tails if you can; that's got me thinking now...and, what kind of rims are those?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome from Michigan! :D
Post some close-ups of the tails if you can; that's got me thinking now...and, what kind of rims are those?
Thanks,

The wheels are Startech 20"

Here's a closeup of the rear lights, it was hard trying to get a good pic showing the coloured metallic flecks glistening but they show up just like they do in the stock paintwork.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts