Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gearing up to put replace the stock system with the mopar corsa catback. I've been studying install threads, and I have a few questions... Lots of good floor jacks and jack stands out there... I know the SRT is 4,000+ lbs, but I plan on rolling the fronts onto rhino ramps. I'm guessing that jack / jack stands in the rear would have to support only about half of that weight??? Would it be safe to get a 1.5 ton floor jack and 2 ton jack stands to support the rear??? Please help me out!!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gearing up to put replace the stock system with the mopar corsa catback. I've been studying install threads, and I have a few questions... Lots of good floor jacks and jack stands out there... I know the SRT is 4,000+ lbs, but I plan on rolling the fronts onto rhino ramps. I'm guessing that jack / jack stands in the rear would have to support only about half of that weight??? Would it be safe to get a 1.5 ton floor jack and 2 ton jack stands to support the rear??? Please help me out!!!
That should be ok. For extra safety id put some wheels or something similar on the sides just in case the car fell.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, how do you guys get your cars up? Ramps, what kind and how do you stop them from moving. Jacking, where do you put the jack on the frame and is it high enough? On old cars I jack in the middle of the K Frame, but new cars are different. Thanks.:grouphug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts