Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m new here. I have my 300c with the 5.7 hemi straightpiped (suitcase muffler and resonators deletes) and I recently installed JBA catless midpipes, now my car is obnoxiously loud and super raspy. What type of muffler/resonator should I install to remove the raspiness, or if anyone is running jba catless midpipes what muffler setup would sound best. I still want it loud but not obnoxious. I can’t buy a full exhaust system because I can’t afford it right now. And btw the reason I installed the jba catless midpipes was because one of my catalytic converters went bad and was starting to rattle and I can’t afford to get a brand new cat. I got the jba catless midpipes from Craiglist for just 120 bucks.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It's so hard to pick a muffler for someone else because the sound you like may not be the sound I like. Mufflers from the same company with different lengths will sound different as well.

I recommend you go listen to some of the exhaust company's sound clips on their websites. Also, google up some vids using key words such as Magnaflow, Mufflex, Flowmaster, Blastin Bobs, Corsa, etc... You can make a better decision on what sounds best to you and pick two mufflers to install on your car.

good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wanted to get my 5.7 hemi louder with low budget and to have no drone or very tolerable drone with MDS.
I managed to get that by replacing suitcase muffler with 2x glasspacks (50252FLT flowtech red hots) and keeping stock resonators.
Mufflers + shipping + welding total cost was around 185 bucks.
There is weak drone at around 60mph while going up slight incline but it's a enjoyable hum and passes the wife test, in fact, my wife loves the hum.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wanted to get my 5.7 hemi louder with low budget and to have no drone or very tolerable drone with MDS.
I managed to get that by replacing suitcase muffler with 2x glasspacks (50252FLT flowtech red hots) and keeping stock resonators.
Mufflers + shipping + welding total cost was around 185 bucks.
There is weak drone at around 60mph while going up slight incline but it's a enjoyable hum and passes the wife test, in fact, my wife loves the hum.

Do you have any sound clips by chance I’m looking to quiet mine down a little currently have it straight piped and it’s a little raspy at WOT and drone is outrageous with MDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
300C 5.7 hemi with resonators still in place and suitcase muffler replaced with 2x glasspacks (product: 50252FLT).

0-100 acceleration inside the car (should be 6.1 sec, as speedo is 3-4km/h off near 100)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yrz_Vltn8FhwPuzLvfV04MjTLdbb_-DG

Cold start

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pog2OoNa2mmt-Y1ufJqshYC80glSJvop

Warm engine acceleration

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h3hDr-b5-c-ypH-mckDu7QD4-pqAsZdx

Now that sounds good man love how it sounded when you pulled from the line and switched gears to 2nd had a deep rumble still. Mine is real raspy and I’m looking for that deep rumble and the flow techs sounds good any other clips feel feee to upload pulls and fly bys would by great thanks for getting back to me appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts