Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one have this on there car cuz im getting it installed this weekend and was wonderin if the ppl who had it were satisfied with it???

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I have that with hhp mids. well kind of. i didnt like the look of the huge mufflers hangin out the back of a C. so i had them taken out and replaced with 4in round race mufflers. looked great, sounded the same as the stock magnas. the mds drone is alittle annoying but not bad. but then i went crazy and took out he center magnaflow and put in 2 more of the races. and added an xpipe in front of them. much deeper tone and the drone is a little better. so what im sayin is not a fan of magna flow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've had mine for almost 2 years now. Never regreted it. There is a drone, but it will lessen after about 6 months. I just think of it as the sound of saving money. It's at it's worst if you're cruising at around 45MPH. Just go faster.

The sound is good. Rumbling and low under normal conditions. Deep enough to set off over sensitive car alarms in parking lots. When you stomp on it, it lets everyone know. It's as loud or as quite as you drive it. Magnaflows are fairly mellow and lack the metallic sound of a chambered design.

You're going to have to re-learn how to launch your car. You'll light your tires up real easy after the headers. It'll be making more torque at a lower RPM. I'm not saying that headers magicly give you more torque.

What I'm saying is short tubes slide the powerband down. For example: 200LBS at 2500 is now at say 1500. Not real numbers just an example please.

Any gains are from opening up the exhaust so the motor doesn't have to work as hard to push it out. To which you would have to have a highly calibrated butt-dyno to feel. What you can feel is the fact that the powerband shifted.

Try launching in your normal manner a few times before the work. Get used to the way it feels, where it pulls and how long it takes to hook up. Then try it in thte same manner after the work, you'll see what I mean. It took me a WHILE to adjust.

Now go spend your money!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a set of JBA 5.7L headers and a set of JBA 3.5L, that a customer order and never came back. they are brand new in the box sealed with JBA tape, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
491 Posts
does any one have this on there car cuz im getting it installed this weekend and was wonderin if the ppl who had it were satisfied with it???

I got the JBA headers and straight thru exhaust package and had to replace the exhaust as it was too loud, you could not hear the radio over 40mph, it got on my nerves after a few days so I put on Borla's...ten times better, nice rumble at slow speeds but when you open it up wooooo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts