Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOLY BLOODY HELL!!!!!!! WOW is all I can say, that and I nearly crapped myself first drive.

Yes you guessed it, the day arrived and I am now driving a supercharged SRT8.

First of all, special thanks has to go Steve from RDP Motorsports who flew in this morning and went straight from the airport to the factory and installed my kit. Took about 9 hours including massaging tune for the car to take. Final dyno on Wednesday but the hard work was done on Steve's car and workshop in Brisbane.

Now for the run down.

The original parts were stripped off and the new kit was prepped ready for install. New wiring was added to my car which included a new injector harness to except the larger fuel injectors, new map sensor and extension harnesses for throttle body etc etc etc. All looks factory (see photo's below) and everything was done with much care.

Blower and manifold bolted in and fitted perfectly and and saw ample clearances throughout the entire engine bay.

Ok enough about how the install went, how did it drive. Let me tell you, ANIMAL. Bloody hell is all I can say, and the sound, man it sounds awesome. You have a slight blower whine at idle, but once you punch it, it screams off its head. AND THIS IS WITH A VERY VERY VERY SEDATE tune, final tune happens on Wednesday where it will be opened up a little more.

The stall convertor helps extremely well and actually works even better now. Will stall up to 2800/2900 rpm, a little over and off we go. A few drives tonight in it and now I have it home locked away after driving it back from the factory.

Karla loves it and is very impressed also. Can't wait to take her for a drive in it :)

Anyway enough jibba jabba here are the pics and I will have a video up of it shortly.

Steve thanks again mate, I love it :) :)

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yes we know there are 2 hoses missing. I want to run my Billet Technology oil catch can so the new lines will be made tomorrow with the same fittings shown in the above pics.

Did I mention how much fun this is.....its like Christmas :)

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
DAM IAM JEALOUS....looks like a nice and neat install...how sweet it must be..i bet your face hurts from smiling..enjoy

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL....thanks mate. Yes still smiling and still up. Should be in bed but oh well. Definitely VERY happy with it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
That's a clean looking install! I would love to have that setup (obv). Can't wait to see dyno graphs and video after final tune!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also a quick video of it starting up and idling when I got it home last night

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Congrats mate!! I know how long you have been waiting for this moment!! The install looks incredible. Can't wait to go for a drive now!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That is AWESOME!!!!

Congrats Daniel....can't wait to see the dyno and track results!

·
Registered
633 Posts
very, very nice. you need to come over, I might even call you later.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
dam it man........sounds fkn awesome!!looks fkn awesome!!flat out fkn awesome!!....O ill just dream about it....sorry for the dropn the f bomb but its the only word i could come up with....bad azz my brotha bad azz!!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Amazing, I guess you'll be a Calder this Friday trying a new record.
Thanks Michael.

Will be in Albury for Chryslers on the Murray. Won't be at the track uuntil I have half shafts installed. The Nitrous didn't break them, this setup will.

That is AWESOME!!!!

Congrats Daniel....can't wait to see the dyno and track results!
Me too. I just love the sound and performance of it. Just unbelievable.

I am so jealous...!
LOL, they are for sale now. Treat yoolf I say. Worth it 100 fold.

very, very nice. you need to come over, I might even call you later.
Thanks Troy. Yes It is awesome. Better than I expected, way better. Cannot get over the power of it, simply awesome. Sorry I did not get down yesterday also, just got stuck into this. Will get the covers down after COTM. I will try and get down if not come past my place later if you want. Give me a call.

dam it man........sounds fkn awesome!!looks fkn awesome!!flat out fkn awesome!!....O ill just dream about it....sorry for the dropn the f bomb but its the only word i could come up with....bad azz my brotha bad azz!!
I know what you mean :)

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Looks fantastic, Jected! I'll bet you are very excited about the future of your performance! I am impressed and the install looks great.

I'm watching for:

Track numbers
Any issues
Drivablity (normal and heavy)
Cost

If those all line up then we are going to kidnap Steve to the States. Make him install a few of those (one being mine) and then we'll give him back...maybe, lol.

Great show mates!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Congrats Daniel and Steve for getting this up and running!!! I'm blown away, looks so factory and sounds awesome!!!! :arms:

What a beast of a car you have mate!!!!! F*CKING AWESOME!!! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts