Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here we go again. I can 't leave well enough alone can I :). I think I got a taste of the potential of this car last night and today and it has left me wanting much much more.

After speaking with Steve a couple of times today we have decided not to wait and begin the new project and this time we will be opening up the motor.

Was going to wait a few months before doing this but for those that know a little about me know that I can't wait for these things. Yes I can hear people now saying "can't you just be happy with the blower setup and be done" and yes whilst it is absolutely ridiculous as it is now, I want more :) LOL.

Anyway we are still working out what is going into the engine build, but what we have already established is that the car will be going back together with:

-426 Stroker
-Bottom end set up for blown application (and nitrous although I have been advised against it - will work on Steve regarding this - Sorry mate LOL). This will include forged crank, rods, pistons (and 4 bolt Billet main caps if we can - boost will be high)
-Custom blower cam and heads built to suit
-Totally revised and new fuel system from tank to engine.
-Half shafts are on the way and ready for me to collect from the States next week, however I am seriously considering the new (complete) rear end setup by CMJ Performance (see here First Drive of the Track Killer Rear Suspension - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle) . Just need to work out how the bank account is going. To scared to look now.

Anyway depending on availabilty of parts we need and the suppliers we use for this, I could see the car travelling to RDP in Queesland Australia (from me in Melbourne) early next week. Will keep all updated as we go.

I cannot wait.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL....yeah she's cool. Actually she's a little worried about this happening. The car revs out and accelerates unbelievably quick as it is now (as she also found out last night) amd is concerned about the drivability of the car once Steve waves his magic wand again.

I have promised her that I will have her car (Morris Minor convertible) finished asap. I better pull my finger out I think otherwise I could be in trouble.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I am available to fly to Melbourne and drive the car back to QLD for you :)

Ahh worth a stab.

Sounds like this thing is just going to be stupid quick :) I love it!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi mate,

That sounds crazy! Good luck with the project.

It looks like Steve might be doing some engine work on my car in the next couple of weeks also. Next Sunday my 300C will be making the trek up north to Brisbane also.

Hopefully it will come back down as a pretty unique 5.7L setup. :D More news on that once the details are in.

Cheers,
Paulo

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished result Daniel!
You'll be able to drive around town without even touching the throttle hehe :biggrin:

·
Registered
554 Posts
LOL....yeah she's cool. Actually she's a little worried about this happening. The car revs out and accelerates unbelievably quick as it is now (as she also found out last night) amd is concerned about the drivability of the car once Steve waves his magic wand again.

I have promised her that I will have her car (Morris Minor convertible) finished asap. I better pull my finger out I think otherwise I could be in trouble.
Daniel, if I remember correctly your Mrs drives the 300C daily? Or was that Exotica's Mrs? If it's yours, that's a big jump from a 300C to a mini! Are we talking old school mini or modern day?

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Daniel, if I remember correctly your Mrs drives the 300C daily? Or was that Exotica's Mrs? If it's yours, that's a big jump from a 300C to a mini! Are we talking old school mini or modern day?
Nah that was Kosta'a (Exotica's) misses. Karla refuses to drive mine never has and definitely never will now.

Her pride and joy is a 1957 Morris Minor Convertible. It has a mazda 323 motor and aut trans conversion done up as a mini hot rod. Just waiting to get the new interior done and new white convertible top and she is done.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Now, why hasn't Karla driven your car....your wish or her choice? Mine just hates the "gangster" car, so she's not allowed near the driver's seat!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Now, why hasn't Karla driven your car....your wish or her choice? Mine just hates the "gangster" car, so she's not allowed near the driver's seat!
No no its all her choice. I actually wanted her to drive it but she doesn't want to. She has reversed it down the drive way and back in again and she was quite proud of the fact she hit 3 km/h.

Definitely my choice now though although she definitely agrees as well.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Jected

You certainly are pioneering the aussie horsepower trail for us all :scared:
I get the feeling you much rather be doing this than go to work :biggrin:

Maybe I got it wrong but it seems you are spending too much time & resources enjoying your car. The result could be an addiction like what RDP Steve's got!! :rolleyes::lick:

All the best for project 3 mate!
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jected

You certainly are pioneering the aussie horsepower trail for us all :scared:
I get the feeling you much rather be doing this than go to work :biggrin:

Maybe I got it wrong but it seems you are spending too much time & resources enjoying your car. The result could be an addiction like what RDP Steve's got!! :rolleyes::lick:

All the best for project 3 mate!
Cheers
Thanks mate. Would definitely rather do this than work, but unfortuantely without work I cannot play.

It actually makes me get out there and bring on more work so I can do these things. My reward I say...:)

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
yes mate it's going to be a real headturner the new project, and theres also a couple of other members on here that will be right beside you as well, dam i can't wait to see peoples faces at the track when these cars hit it later this year:) thanks daniel for letting me have some fun with your car, i'm sure dunlop tyres will get you on their vip listing shortly:pat:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
yes mate it's going to be a real headturner the new project, and theres also a couple of other members on here that will be right beside you as well, dam i can't wait to see peoples faces at the track when these cars hit it later this year:) thanks daniel for letting me have some fun with your car, i'm sure dunlop tyres will get you on their vip listing shortly:pat:
Don't hold out on us Steve what other goodies are we going to see hitting the streets?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Daniel is a mad man.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Geez mate - you're gonna have to change the aerodynamics on the bloody thing!!! It will take off soon!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Friggen sick!!! This thing will haul!!!! :fing02:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts