Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed a jet chip in my 300C,(Stage2) there don`t seem to be any performance gained at all. Any ideas on something I need to do or look for? I simply installed it a ran the the car afterwards.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It looks like you're looking for some magical 100 HP to come from installing the chip, but its not the case. When I had the Jet Chip, I noticed a little better throttle response, and slightly better fuel economy. I had the stage 1

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
CohibaEsplinado said:
It looks like you're looking for some magical 100 HP to come from installing the chip, but its not the case. When I had the Jet Chip, I noticed a little better throttle response, and slightly better fuel economy. I had the stage 1
No, I didn`t think there would be a large amont of gain, but my car don`t seem to run as good as it did before. Throttle response or nothing else. But that`s OK about an answer unless someone has had this problem, I`ll just call JET CHIP, Thanks.

·
Registered
673 Posts
There are many threads on this subject on this and the other LX forums. You may want to run a search and see what comes up. Lot's of pros, cons, and discussion.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
magnuman said:
There are many threads on this subject on this and the other LX forums. You may want to run a search and see what comes up. Lot's of pros, cons, and discussion.
MACK300 - In one of the threads was a comment similar to yours--the member thought perhaps the Hemi ran better before the chip. So he pulled the chip for a while then put it back in. Was happy with it the second time around. You may wish to try that, but be extremely careful with alignment when re-inserting the jet chip if you do--several members have reported breaking inner tabs or ears in the PCM itself when inserting the jet chip.

I'm running the stage II, but with air intake mods, and have had no negatives from it, period. Magnaflows go on whenever GB round two is shipped, which will then have my ride configured per the stage II chip mfr recommendations.

Do a forum search for air intake mods as well--there's a lot you can do with your stock unit, which *is* a true CAI unit, BTW, and a good one.

If you're going to stay with the stock air box, I have a barely-used K&N air filter element designed for the stock 300C box available. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Of course you can also do the

MOPAR CAI See below and other posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Meister said:
MACK300 - In one of the threads was a comment similar to yours--the member thought perhaps the Hemi ran better before the chip. So he pulled the chip for a while then put it back in. Was happy with it the second time around. You may wish to try that, but be extremely careful with alignment when re-inserting the jet chip if you do--several members have reported breaking inner tabs or ears in the PCM itself when inserting the jet chip.

I'm running the stage II, but with air intake mods, and have had no negatives from it, period. Magnaflows go on whenever GB round two is shipped, which will then have my ride configured per the stage II chip mfr recommendations.

Do a forum search for air intake mods as well--there's a lot you can do with your stock unit, which *is* a true CAI unit, BTW, and a good one.

If you're going to stay with the stock air box, I have a barely-used K&N air filter element designed for the stock 300C box available. PM me if interested.
Thanks Meister, I used the stock box with a K&N filter, also modified the lower section as I read here somewhere. Also I removed the mufflers.
I called K&N and the tech told me I need to put about 100 miles or so on the new set up. I only have about 25 miles right now. Do this seem right?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have heard better response from the stage I than stage II. Not sure why...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Mack300 said:
Thanks Meister, I used the stock box with a K&N filter, also modified the lower section as I read here somewhere. Also I removed the mufflers.
I called K&N and the tech told me I need to put about 100 miles or so on the new set up. I only have about 25 miles right now. Do this seem right?
Mack300, how goes it with the chip? And I guess I need you to clarify your question for me.

Thanks.
-------
HEMI4ME? - I've had zero problems / complaints with the stage II. For my configuration it's the right chip.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Meister said:
Mack300, how goes it with the chip? And I guess I need you to clarify your question for me.

Thanks.
-------
HEMI4ME? - I've had zero problems / complaints with the stage II. For my configuration it's the right chip.
I`m trying to put the 150 miles on the set up as told to me by jet Chip. The car seems to be better, really hard to tell right now. The difference in road surface will make the car seem strong or slow from the light. Some streets I can spin the tires and some I can`t.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This might seem obvious, but its possible. Have you check the chip # to make sure its the right one. I believe you should have 90404S. I got mine in the mail and the guy sent me the wrong one. Cecil...............

·
Registered
134 Posts
300CGuy said:
Hows yours doing cecil?
Haven't installed it yet. I'm sending back the chip tomorrow, and then he's going to send out the correct one. Maybe in a week or two, I'll find out. Cecil........ :wave:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
qictrk said:
This might seem obvious, but its possible. Have you check the chip # to make sure its the right one. I believe you should have 90404S. I got mine in the mail and the guy sent me the wrong one. Cecil...............
Good call, Cecil. And the Stage II chip is, indeed, the 90404S. http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?pid=21696&make=23#parts

Mack300: You probably couldn't have gotten the PCM rack back in the hole if either the jet chip or the pcm weren't fully engaged, but it does take some grunt to fully seat them. I thought it was a done deal, then got on it again and it snapped fully in (can't remember if it was the jet chip or the module, but applies to both).

My Hemi's response to adding the stage II was immediate & she hasn't looked back since. Hangs her tail out with total abandon whenever I command it. 'Would *never* perform like that pre-chip.

And I see you've provided the clarification I requested earlier. Thanks. (Was hoping you meant Jet Performance, not K&N.)

If she doesn't light your hair on fire, consistenly, I'd pull everything and do a very careful, but firm, re-seating of both items. My Hemi didn't didn't require jet chip foreplay--plugged 'er in and she was a wild thing right off the bat. ;)

I'll post a more detailed 3-week how goes it next week re. life with the jet chip. Not to let the cat totally out of the bag, but the chip, with the help of flow mods, is keeping the ol' fun-meter pegged. She's a whole 'nother car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I`m thinking that if the plugs were not all the way in, I should get some codes because the plug ride piggy-back on the chip.

I checked to make sure it was the right chip. I may take it out and start over. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chips

Stage 1 cip is mainly for stock set up with 89octane. When you go to stage 2 you need to have 91 or better octane and exhaust and breather enhancements done. This chip is for the guy who wants do modify his engine.

Rich :banana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts