Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no issues with the installation but the "engine" light in the dash came on after I started it up. I shut it down, disconnected the neg. on the battery, checked the connections and tried again. Same problem. I took it out and the light is gone...

I am familiar with electrical connections and they were solid.

Anyone else have this happen? Wonder if I got a bad module?

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Anytime you mess with disconnecting modules, you run the risk of setting a code. You don't have to disconnect the battery to clear most of them. The car will reset them after 3 good trips if the problem is no longer present. A "good trip" is a start, drive and shut off of the engine.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JonW said:
Anytime you mess with disconnecting modules, you run the risk of setting a code. You don't have to disconnect the battery to clear most of them. The car will reset them after 3 good trips if the problem is no longer present. A "good trip" is a start, drive and shut off of the engine.
Thanks for the reply. I understand that a code can be thrown, but this "code" is only thrown with the chip in. As soon as I take it out the engine light is gone, just wanted to know if anyone else had this happen. Has anyone else had the engine light turn on? Did it just take some time for the system to reset itself? I guess I'll be on the phone w/ Jetchip tomorrow.

·
Registered
351 Posts
far from an expert but I will chime in...
it seems you have a non-compatible device so a call is indeed needed. I would ask for a new chip, regardless of what is said.

I am also finding the PCM programming giving 'false' codes when electronic devices are added. My chry. remote start gives off a RKE BATTERY LOW warning and this is a chrysler named product.

So it maybe the PCM and not the chip but since others here have not reported this problem I'm guessing it's the jetchip.

Gluck and as you always do, keep us informed

·
Registered
281 Posts
300C4ME said:
I had the opposite experience of you James. No engine light after installation. But boy was it a royal PITA to get the ECM back into its location with the Jet module attached. To say it is a tight fit, as Jet's instructions indicate, is a gross understatement. I actually had to use a small crowbar or prybar to get the ECM back down into its location.
This doesn't sound like it will to good in the long run with either stress and flex of the car or with heat dissipation. :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
BrilliantBlackHemi said:
This doesn't sound like it will to good in the long run with either stress and flex of the car or with heat dissipation. :confused: :eek:
Nah, I don't think either will be an issue. First, the heat fins on the ECU are not blocked at all. Second, the connector that piggybacks on the Jet module is pressed up against a flexible divider that separates the cabin air filter from the ECU.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sent the module back for inspection >>>>

They claim that it "may" need to be reflashed or replaced. I'll keep everyone updated.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
aspendog said:
They claim that it "may" need to be reflashed or replaced. I'll keep everyone updated.
Good move, AP. I have a fair amount of experience with the results of "proggie mods" gone bad. Caution is the watchword. A crated 5.7 Hemi runs about $7K.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I was wondering how long this would take (see my other posts on codes and my Ram).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts