Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got done installing and testing out my JetChip from www.jetchip.com Part # 90404s. All I can say is I can feel a difference especially at how smooth the car runs now with esp on or off. I especially like the way it feels with esp on before the car felt weird when it engaged now it feels much more natural and smooth. The shifting is perfect now it shifs smoothly and with authority. It feels like it wants to get up and go now. As I pulled out of my parking lot the 1st time I screached the tires 3 times on accident. It feels like a real HEMI should feel. Thank god someone finally came out with a chip to take advantage of all that power waiting to be tapped. I will bring my car to the gathering at fudruckers in buena park. If anybody has any questions let me know.

Installation Tips.

THESE DIRECTIONS APPLY TO THE 2005 300C I AM NOT SURE ABOUT ANY OTHER MODELS.

The installation is really easy and takes less than 5 minutes as long as you do these two critical things. First here is a quick breakdown of what you are doing in general. You have to remove the cable going to the ECU and install the module between the cable and the ECU. Now here are the two things you HAVE to do to get it back into place.

1. On the back side of the ECU there is a rubber bumber that kinds looks like a screw. Remove it. It is only sticks out a little over 1/4 inch but you are going to need all the room you can get unless you have really small hands.

2. After installing the module do not plug the white cable back into the module until you put the ECU board back into its mounting location. When you do this you want the white cable to be right behind the module so you can slide it in from the side. If you have small hands this will be easy if not it will be harder.

In the installation direction it does mention it's a hard fit to get the ECU back into its mounting location with the module attached. Until I tried the above it was not going back in without a fight.

I give the jetchip two thumbs up. :)

Gotta go I have some more test driving to do.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Looked over the site - but couldn't find anything on Chrysler or the Hemi motor.
The transmission really needs firmer shift points - is the chip the thing?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the front page of the website you have click on the New button after that you can't miss it. I love it. I am leaving right now to test it out some more.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Also to note in contrast to the other thread where there was talk of the jet chip sucking, this is the S part, stage 2 for cars with exhaust mods... So the question is, how does this stage 2 do with OEM exhaust on the car? Will just 91 octane fuel make it that much more snappy with the stage 2 chip?

The other part listed looked as if it went on the ODB-2 connector, not near the ECU. At least that's how the guy with the magnum that tested it describled it I think.

Sounds more promising... Shane, could we convince you to do a dyno pull with and without the chip? Could you remove it and reinstall it easily enough in a parking lot?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ohhh, and one other important question, does this raise the speed limiter or does it stay at 126?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This chip is freakin Sweeeeeet.

I just got done doing some more testing. I don't understand how anybody can say it doesn't work or they couldn't tell the difference. This thing is by far the best mod I have made so far. I noticed a big difference in performance in every catagory 0-60, rolling start, punching it on the freeway, and the head snapping back of the passanger seems to have also improved dramitically. This is a must have as far as I am concerned. Take my advice buy it, try it, if you don't notice improvements send it back.

As far as the Stage I and Stage II modulars. From what I understand if you are not going to add Headers, exhaust, and cold air intake you should go with stage I. Otherwise go with stage II it is only $10.00 more. If someone talks to the people at Jetchips and finds out more about this please post. I know there will be many more people with the same question.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I read the stage 2 requires 91 or more octane, that in turn probably advances timing 1 or 2 more degrees with the better flow in and out that intake and exhaust provide.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Alrighty guys, I just sent this to Jet, lets see what they say back:

I have been watching the 300cforums.com and the dodgemanum.net forums with two conflicting stories of the chip you make for the 300C/Magnum HEMI motor... One person purchased the stage 1 setup and was not pleased with it's performance at all, and he also described the module as being in-line and pictures appeared as if it went inline on the ODB-II hookup under the dash.. The other person with a good report on the chip got the "s" model, being stage 2 and said he was very happy with it. The second person also has a Borla exahust system on his car. I was wondering if the calibrations of the two models are that drasticaly different and also was curious if I decided to stay with the factory system and run higher octane fuel, would I benefit from the stage 2 module? Right now I am hesitant to do an aftermarket exhaust system because of the droning noise created by the MDS system.

Also was wondering if either of the chip modules modify the top speed governer on the ECU?

Thanks for taking the time with my many questions. =)

·
Registered
887 Posts
HataX - I was just reading the thread on the other forum, and he did get the stage 2, and has exhaust and intake (the guy that was not pleased) - just wanted to make sure we were reading the same info.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I asked about the speed limiter they said it does not remove the limiter. As far as a Dyno I don't have anything to do it with. I will see if I can find someone local to do it. But I think it's really close to the 22hp they promise. The thing works as advertised as far as I am concerned. If I wasn't 100% sure there was a difference I would'nt tell anybody to get one. I am 100% sure you will notice a difference in performance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just tried calling them to order mine......damn.... not open.....hee hee

Will order tomorrow!! MORE POWER!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hmm, can you post a link to the thread you were looking at? You're right though, he was talking about the stage 2 kit... Wonder if he needs to go through a tank of 91 octane fule first?

Well, I sent what I sent, we'll see what I get back.. I would buy one if it at least upped the speed limiter... I think 145 would be a good compromise. =)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Cool hata, let us know.

Thanks Rogue for posting the dyno sheet..I was typing all that out!!

Also remember, the "Mustang" dyno is about 10% less HP than a DynoJet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is exactly what it says in the manual that came with my chip:

Stage 1 Module:
The Jet Stage 1 module is opimized for stock vehicles. Minor bolt on modifications such as free flow air filters and catback exhaust systems will work with stage 1 tuning. Premium fuel is recommended for best performance gains, but for normal light driving midrange fuels may be used.

Jet Stage 2 Module:
The Jet Stage 2 module is opitmized for modified vehicles. The stage 2 requires premium fuel and the use of a Jet 180 degree thermostat. We also recommend a cat back exhasut system. The stage 2 will work well with headers, free flow air intake systems and filters.

I don't know why it says to use there 180 degree thermostat because I don't think they offer one. Anyway that is exactly what is says in the manual.

Below is what they say on there website.

STAGE 1:
If you have a stock engine with no other modification, this is the chip for you. The JET Stage 1 performance Chip is programmed for maximum power increases on a stock vehicle for improved performance under hard throttle conditions such as towing and wide open throttle acceleration.

STAGE 2:
Designed for modified vehicles with low restriction exhaust and low temperature thermostat. The JET Stage 2 Performance Chip has been calibrated for peak horsepower in cases where the engine has been modified to run cooler and the exhaust system is less restrictive than original equipment.

Hope this helps.

In my opinion it all depends on if you have an aftermarket exhaust. If you do you want stage II if you don't you want Stage I.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The speed limiter is definitly not a feature with these chips that was my 1st, 4th and I think even my last question when I spoke to them before I got my chip.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
shanemcsewrote:

I don't know why it says to use there 180 degree thermostat because I don't think they offer one. Anyway that is exactly what is says in the manual.
Probably the cooler engine temperature means that the Module can use a more aggressive advance curve; and hopefully avoid running into heat caused pre-ignition and consequent engine damage.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts