Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This my my 2006 300C. My dad bought it new way back in 2005 and drove it ever since. Now it's mine so I'm going to do some maintenance and some mods but overall keep it mostly stock. The car has 162k miles on it now. I've been fixing up the window trims, headlights and what not and some interior things.

It had some hail damage about 5 years ago that was never properly repaired so I recently had that fixed along with some other damage. The original repair shop covered the engine hood in bondo to repair the hail damage instead of replace it with a new hood :mad: It was literally 150+ lbs. We never realized until it was too late. So that was one of the things I fixed with a brand new hood.

I've also installed an A.P.E. E85 FlexFuel kit and a Z Automotive ESP-off kit. Next on the list is rebuilding the front suspension with new parts, new brakes, and a different set of wheels and tires.

I'm not sure if I want to put the side cladding back on or keep it clean like this.

I used to play XBox on this TV haha.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'm not sure if I want to put the side cladding back on or keep it clean like this.
If you mean body side molding, I'm guessing that depends on how big the parking spaces are where you live.

In Southern Connecticut, parking is tight, and it takes about five minutes to start collecting dents on your doors if you don't have BSM. If there's plenty of wide open space where you are, that's probably not as big of an issue. Around here, though, everything I have ever owned has had BSM. Even if you park way off in the corner, some jackass will park right next to you just to bang your doors.

·
Registered
Black Beauty 2.0 (06’ 300c 5.7)
52 Posts
Very clean condition! Lucky you! I’m definitely going to need a paint job with my own build when the time comes for that. Makes it worse that it’s black so in certain weather it shows 😂 any big difference Running on E85? Been debating that mod myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very clean condition! Lucky you! I’m definitely going to need a paint job with my own build when the time comes for that. Makes it worse that it’s black so in certain weather it shows 😂 any big difference Running on E85? Been debating that mod myself.
Thank you! It made it a little faster and it runs great but I did it mostly to save money since gas is going through the roof! I made a thread about the kit install here: Installed an A.P.E. E85 FlexFuel tuner on my 300C and...

I run all of my cars and my wife's car on E85. There are a bunch of stations around me that sell it including the gas station right near my house. It doesn't really matter if you lose MPG it still saves you so much money especially with $5/gal gas.

Put the C badge back on the rear and put my FlexFuel badge on too because it looks cool.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dad ran 20s but they were pretty beat up and the tires were worn out so I picked up some 2017 19" wheels to use instead. I wanted to go to a 19 anyway because the 20s are hell on the front suspension. My factory 18s have snow tires on them right now.

The 19s look good but it's more "meh." They just look like stock wheels which I guess makes sense :geek: They have Michelins with lots of tread so I will run them for summer and maybe do something different next year. I got them for only $300 on craigslist! The wheels are in like new condition.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My dad ran 20s but they were pretty beat up and the tires were worn out so I picked up some 2017 19" wheels to use instead. I wanted to go to a 19 anyway because the 20s are hell on the front suspension. My factory 18s have snow tires on them right now.

The 19s look good but it's more "meh." They just look like stock wheels which I guess makes sense :geek: They have Michelins with lots of tread so I will run them for summer and maybe do something different next year. I got them for only $300 on craigslist! The wheels are in like new condition.
That's a great look and a sharp deal. The wheels seem like a perfect compromise to me. Sometimes, the key is knowing when to quit. Otherwise, the "may-as-wells" can turn a nice ride into a money pit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you! It made it a little faster and it runs great but I did it mostly to save money since gas is going through the roof! I made a thread about the kit install here: Installed an A.P.E. E85 FlexFuel tuner on my 300C and...

I run all of my cars and my wife's car on E85. There are a bunch of stations around me that sell it including the gas station right near my house. It doesn't really matter if you lose MPG it still saves you so much money especially with $5/gal gas.

Put the C badge back on the rear and put my FlexFuel badge on too because it looks cool.

Niiiice! Im NOT surprised the E85 gave you some performance gains. I used to have a 2016 Chevy Impala LTZ with the same 3.6 V6 that’s in the base model camaro’s (it was a daily driver) and it came from the factory with flex fuel capability. Boy oh boy did it love being corn fed! My stock tires were bald by the 2nd week once I got a tune! 😂 I agree with you, the handful of vehicles I have ran on E85 did love it and the cost definitely makes a difference especially now more than ever.
I’m sure that flex fuel badge is gonna have a few people scratch their heads as these didn’t come out the gate with that capability 😂

·
Registered
52 Posts

That is an amazing price! I will chime in and say the front suspension of these hemis are just a common problem regardless of the rim being used. At least from what I’ve noticed in numerous forums. I’m currently still on my stock 18’s with 235/60/18 tires up front and 255/55/18 in the rear to fill in those wheel gaps! I would maybe debate lowering it but I live in the inner city around some bad roads in certain areas so not likely :/

·
Registered
52 Posts
This my my 2006 300C. My dad bought it new way back in 2005 and drove it ever since. Now it's mine so I'm going to do some maintenance and some mods but overall keep it mostly stock. The car has 162k miles on it now. I've been fixing up the window trims, headlights and what not and some interior things.

It had some hail damage about 5 years ago that was never properly repaired so I recently had that fixed along with some other damage. The original repair shop covered the engine hood in bondo to repair the hail damage instead of replace it with a new hood :mad: It was literally 150+ lbs. We never realized until it was too late. So that was one of the things I fixed with a brand new hood.

I've also installed an A.P.E. E85 FlexFuel kit and a Z Automotive ESP-off kit. Next on the list is rebuilding the front suspension with new parts, new brakes, and a different set of wheels and tires.

I used to play XBox on this TV haha.

Personally I think the side badging / molding is outdated, at least that was my reason for debadging my car. It looks very nice without it especially on a white car like yours! Im opting for a more “sporty” look rather than luxury so I just added a trunk lip type spoiler and then added ‘345 hemi’ badges on the side. I also took off the Chrysler medallion’s (front grill and trunk) and added a chrome 300 symbol instead since the original ones were faded and scratched up.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally I think the side badging / molding is outdated, at least that was my reason for debadging my car. It looks very nice without it especially on a white car like yours! As for me Im opting for more of a “sporty” look rather than luxury so I just added a trunk lip type spoiler and then added ‘345 hemi’ badges on the side. I also took off the Chrysler medallion’s (front grill and trunk) and added a chrome ‘300’ symbol instead since the original ones were faded and scratched up :/ I’m keeping the black and chrome theme going lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sent off an oil sample to Blackstone. They detected some coolant in the oil. Headgasket starting to fail?

View attachment 177725
I would say to do a combustion block test yourself, if the color changes even in the slightest compared to the test fluid, then at least you’d be catching it early on before it can get worse. Good luck brother.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would say to do a combustion block test yourself, if the color changes even in the slightest compared to the test fluid, then at least you’d be catching it early on before it can get worse. Good luck brother.
Thanks man will do, I was hoping not to have to do work on this car for another year so I could catch up with my other projects. Ah well. It still has the stock heads I should pull them off and fix the valve guides also, may as well do them both.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks man will do, I was hoping not to have to do work on this car for another year so I could catch up with my other projects. Ah well. It still has the stock heads I should pull them off and fix the valve guides also, may as well do them both.
Heard that! Yeah, once this engine gives me any type of internal issue I’m just gonna open it up and beef it up/replace what’s important while I'm at it. Do it right the first time so you won’t have to do it again, as I always heard growin up Shrug
Good thing this engine platform is common and not as expensive to work on! Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts