Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced pads and rotors on my 05 300c. The calipers all contracted fine but the passenger side caliper bracket had a frozen slide pin and lot of corrosion in the hole so I replace the bracket, pins boots and bolts. Now the car is all jittery at speed, (but not when braking) and it appears that the passenger side rotor is heating up. My first thought was that the caliper must be stuck so I took it all apart again and with the caliper open I pressed the brake to extend the pistons, (twin piston). Only one piston extended so I retracted it, clamped it and tried again. This time the other piston did extend. I retracted it just fine and put the unit back together again but the problem is still there. I need suggestions please.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I'm not a mechanic, but w/ the info you just provided, it sounds like you're having problems w/ that one piston. Maybe return the caliper for another (replacement) due to faulty operation...? Tell them everything you just said, that the piston is sticking, wheel is jittery and rotor is heating up...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts