Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Chrysler 300 c Vavatos hemi 8
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is a worn out topic ,having said that I am hoping someone may help This car was my sons pride and joy has very low miles and is in perfect condition except leather dash ,I really want fixed regardless of cost .my son died last year at age 51 with cancer,car has not been driven for over a year.I finely was able to bring myself to drive It and have it in my home garage, have no plans to ever give it up .any advise and help appreciated.

·
Registered
657 Posts
First of all, sorry for your loss…I have a grown son and cannot fathom what you have gone through!

I would suggest going to an auto upholstery shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lettercar

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
161 Posts
Sorry for your loss, Sir. You are are a strong man for putting yourself in his car again and wanting to keep the legacy going. I'd do the same thing.

I have heard that most shops would turn away from this request, but with your circumstances I'm not so sure I'd be able to bring myself to say no to that request if it were me.

Whereabouts do you live? Maybe someone on this board will offer a helping hand to a man in need. I'll be happy to help if you're anywhere near me.

Might be a stretch, but if you could post some pictures of the current state of the dash board that might help as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for your loss, Sir. You are are a strong man for putting yourself in his car again and wanting to keep the legacy going. I'd do the same thing.

I have heard that most shops would turn away from this request, but with your circumstances I'm not so sure I'd be able to bring myself to say no to that request if it were me.

Whereabouts do you live? Maybe someone on this board will offer a helping hand to a man in need. I'll be happy to help if you're anywhere near me.

Might be a stretch, but if you could post some pictures of the current state of the dash board that might help as well.
I am in Nashville Tn .will try to send pictures later.thanks for your kind words.any help would be appreciated.fyi I took car to 2 different Chrysler dealers one says they would install if we could get new replacement thier reserch showed Chrysler stopped making in 2019.sent me to upholstery shop where I was told this leather would never stretch back they recommend a body shop,which was the most helpful and will install new if one could be puchased,he’s trying to find,I’m told . I won’t give up . Thanks all advice needed.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
161 Posts
Well, I'm not super far from you in Indianapolis, IN. If you end up needing help I may be able to swing down there at some point. I'm not well versed in how to obtain these dash panels, but I do know that Chrysler has been using the same parts and pieces for these cars forever. Maybe you could source a good dash panel from a donor car somewhere, and then have your body shop install it for you. My idea of this would be to take out the windshield as well....they may have to do this anyway to install correctly.

Here is another thread that I have seen regarding what you're going through here. Maybe one of these guys can help too.

Reactions: Lettercar

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very sad to loose a child, I'm sorry, but I'm glad you're going to keep his car!
On topic, those dash boards are very easy to swap. It just takes a little time and a helping hand to lift the old one out and set the new one in place. Get some trays and organize all the screws and fasteners as you remove them.
I bet there is a good shop that has leather experience that could re-cover it, or maybe cover a regular one. I watched a video of a Porsche dash being covered at the factory and it just takes some time and know-how.
Good luck, prayers for your family. Remember, after a while your morning will turn into great memories. Nothing can take memories away and what better way than taking care of something he loved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your advise I will try all options maybe someone will have the talent to fix, I am enjoying driving occasionally even with the leather dash rolling up My son really babied this car and only drove on days off and week ends after his death it sat outside his home locked,when I finally decided what to do with it I saw the damage to leather dash .Grace and Peace to us all .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts